IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some clarification.
I just got handed every single workstation in our company, on a platter.

I'm responsible now for the *whole* kit 'n caboodle - as long as the users are quiet, I can do anything I want. Anything at all. As long as it's free.

*eep*

Now, I'm trying to bring myself up to speed on Active Directory, Software Update Services, .msi packs, etc. along with my boss asking me random questions about stuff like SQL Server and Exchange out of nowhere. He's kind of moving out of the IT stuff and more into general workflow stuff, which is both "wow this is going to look GOOOOOOD on my resume" and "Oh shit, how the FUCK do I do this?!?"

If I wasn't trying to finish up school, I'd probably demand some MCSE training. In this environment, I'd get it. I probably will get it when I'm done with college. I'm just going InThane in the meantime...
Any deity worthy of a graven image can cobble up a working universe complete with fake fossils in under a week - hey, if you're not omnipotent, there's no real point in being a god. But to start with a big ball of elementary particles and end up with the duckbill platypus without constant twiddling requires a degree of subtlety and the ability to Think Things Through: exactly the qualities I'm looking for when I'm shopping for a Supreme Being.
New You DO have a subscription to MS Technet, right?
The MS knowledgebase on CD. Delivered once a month. It may not have all the answers you will need, but it sure does have a lot. Drivers, patches, service packs and a huge number of howtos. I could not imagine supporting a large organization that uses MS without it.
...rare is the dollar of corporate profits that bears a tax burden heavier than the burden on an employee's wages.
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/opinion/columns/kinsleymichael/|Michael Kinsley]
New Yup.
New If you can get them to spring...
these CBT's aren't bad...

[link|http://learn4.serebra.com/brainbuzz/promos/fallMCSE.html|http://learn4.serebr...mos/fallMCSE.html]

I've just inherited 40 NT/2K servers with all manner of SQL, IIs, ASP, etc. (thankfully no Exchange server!) I will be glad to share resources I find as they come up.

I used to have the secret Novell handshake, but I too am having to plow my way through the Windows networking jungle.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Thanks for the link!
New Re; *whole* kit 'n caboodle. Do they pay enough for that? :)
Alex

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."\t-- Mark Twain
New Yup.
Let's just say if I was using Linux instead of Winders here, I wouldn't *ever* have a reason to want to move on to another job.

This place (other than OS choice) is fucking HEAVEN.
Any deity worthy of a graven image can cobble up a working universe complete with fake fossils in under a week - hey, if you're not omnipotent, there's no real point in being a god. But to start with a big ball of elementary particles and end up with the duckbill platypus without constant twiddling requires a degree of subtlety and the ability to Think Things Through: exactly the qualities I'm looking for when I'm shopping for a Supreme Being.
New sounds like me
love my job but hate that it is on Windows

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

Okay, where do windows admin types go? - (inthane-chan) - (25)
         try the mailing list or google groups -NT - (boxley)
         Nothing equivalent... we just don't use those bad tools... - (folkert) - (11)
             Stop fucking bitching! Work the problem! -NT - (deSitter) - (10)
                 If I were Bitching... - (folkert) - (9)
                     I'm sick of pissing about Windows - (deSitter) - (8)
                         And that I do... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Know whatcha mean.. - (Ashton)
                         What do you mean WE white man? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                             Re: What do you mean WE white man? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 Of course most people just install it and forget about it - (orion)
                                 Sure, Blame the Victim -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         Er... we? - (admin) - (1)
                             But if you had a job that depended on using it - (orion)
         Where to go for help. - (orion) - (3)
             Add one... - (screamer)
             Hee hee hee! - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Re: Hee hee hee! - (orion)
         Some clarification. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
             You DO have a subscription to MS Technet, right? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 Yup. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 If you can get them to spring... - (screamer) - (1)
                     Thanks for the link! -NT - (inthane-chan)
             Re; *whole* kit 'n caboodle. Do they pay enough for that? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Yup. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     sounds like me - (SpiceWare)

Ph34r the triple-recursive meta-LRPD.
252 ms