IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: What makes it cack?
I've never had a crashlock with IE in the 21st century. What are you doing to crashlock it?

Is there no third party Windows Java console? I thought IBM had one. (If you're patient, some judge just ordered MS to ship Sun's Java environment. That must have a console, no?)

-drl
JAVASCRIPT, not JAVA.

I crash it regularly. *I* am not doing anything to crash it (blame the user, eh?). "Normal" operation is all it takes. Even if it didn't crash, it would still be cack.

I regularly have dozens of Mozilla windows up for weeks at a time.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I don't mean to nitpick here
but Microsoft calls it JScript and it emulates Javascript, it isn't even real Javascript, it just pretends to be.

I've had lockups and many bug reports back to Microsoft by just loading the darn browser or visiting the iwethey.org sites caused it to crash. So instead I use Mozilla, which doesn't lock up my system, and doesn't bug out on me with the iwethey.org websites, etc. Nothing in the iwethey.org websites that really knocks out IE, just bad luck on my part in having an unstable IE browser at times.

The only things that IE can do that Mozilla cannot:

#1 Log into an NT/W2K Server domain.

#2 Run VBScript

#3 Access ActiveX controls

#4 Active Desktop

But who really needs #4? Also usually unless you have a Corporate Intranet that needs them, who really needs #1, #2, and #3?

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
In normal operation over the last 3 years, I've had a vanishly small amount of trouble with Windows. Why? Developers can no longer replace system DLLs at will.

Does this mean Windows is suddenly the best OS ever? Of course not - it's still mostly a tangled spaghetti of impossibly complex dependencies, but at least it's now "as good as possible" given that it's Windows. I have essentially no problems with Windows of any kind, other than the occasional need to restart Explorer. I haven't had a blue screen in recent memory. I haven't lost any work. In fact the only really serious computer problem I've encountered in years happened when XFree destroyed my display.
-drl
New I'm happy YOU don't have problems with Windows.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Respect, dammit! - (marlowe) - (45)
         doesn't show in IE - (SpiceWare) - (2)
             Oh, OK - (deSitter)
             IE, img and empty height/width tags (new thread) - (altmann)
         Respect for what??? - (lincoln) - (41)
             IE bug, or something - (SpiceWare) - (39)
                 Um-hmmmm - (hnick) - (38)
                     It's Not IE - (deSitter) - (37)
                         Sure it is. -NT - (imric) - (18)
                             Indeed, the image files have the image dimensions in them. - (a6l6e6x) - (17)
                                 Who cares? - (deSitter) - (10)
                                     Just install Mozilla - (orion) - (9)
                                         Why? - (deSitter) - (8)
                                             {Sheesh} de S - (Ashton)
                                             Apparently not. - (imric)
                                             There are other browsers out there you know - (orion) - (5)
                                                 I hate Opera - (deSitter) - (4)
                                                     Got to be something else for you - (orion) - (3)
                                                         I don't want anything else, get it? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                             Was going to post something along those lines - (imric)
                                                             Got it - (orion)
                                 Re: Indeed, the image files have the image dimensions.. - (deSitter) - (4)
                                     Red "X" - (orion)
                                     A PNG file does have image dimensions. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         Well what about the DRL format? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Re: Well, the DRL format get no respect! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Reason to set default image size in html - (Steven A S)
                         More politics. - (admin) - (16)
                             What makes it cack? - (deSitter) - (15)
                                 Re: What makes it cack? - (admin) - (5)
                                     Re: What makes it cack? - (deSitter) - (4)
                                         Re: What makes it cack? - (admin) - (3)
                                             I don't mean to nitpick here - (orion)
                                             Re: What makes it cack? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 I'm happy YOU don't have problems with Windows. -NT - (admin)
                                 I call you on #1. - (static)
                                 Have you seen Mozilla skins? - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                     Re: Have you seen Mozilla skins? - (deSitter) - (5)
                                         View | Full Screen does something very simslar for Moz - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                             F11 for Mozilla does it too... - (folkert)
                                             Re: View | Full Screen does something very simslar for Moz - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 You don't understand - (Arkadiy)
                                         Sorry, a duplicate -NT - (Arkadiy)
                                 Re: What makes it cack? - (kmself)
                         Yeah, IE is a piece of work. -NT - (marlowe)
             Think South Park and the time Cartman was a police officer - (orion)