IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Exactly.
Now, I know there are going to be those out there who will say this is about "income taxes".

So, I'll quote the lines containing the word "income".

This isn't about any SINGLE tax.

This is about "taxes" and how it's only fair that the people who pay more should get more tax relief.

Like I pointed out in my reply, the $20 is coming from the owner's PROFITS.

Government doesn't MAKE a profit.

Right now, we're running a DEFICIT. For those of you with limited brainpower, that means we are SPENDING more than we are TAKING IN.

Is this a hard concept for people to understand? Only for certain people.

So, the tax cut isn't coming out of EXCESS MONEY (as in the example).

The tax cut is a means to an end. That end is ... To get the economy running again. Because, despite what certain people might keep claiming, the economy sucks and has sucked and is predicted to continue sucking.

So, do you take the same tact when you don't have enough money as when you have too much money?

Only a pathetic moron would do that.

But then, a pathetic moron wouldn't understand our tax system either and would fall for simplistic "examples" such as this.

If this were an accurate example, the owner would have mortgaged his establishment and the diners would each own a chunk of that mortgage. Then the owner would have to explain why he couldn't pay the mortgage and would they like a discount on some portions of their meal? Just so other people could see them eating there and then those other people might come in and buy something and then he could pay the mortgage.

Simplistic works for fools.
New And the counter...
...that only a fool couldn't grasp the context in the current political debate about >income< taxes.

And further would introduce irrelevent facts about whether the owner of the establishement owed money to the bank while still treating customers well.

Lesse...theres the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion...and what was that other guy full of....he would be a ...

nah...couldn't be.

And every single restaurant owner in America who has a bill to pay and gives >any< customer a discount or rebate has now been branded a "pathetic moron".

Thats a pretty big list.

Not to mention any other business owner that carries debt and gives discounts or rebates. Boy that list of pathetic morons is getting long.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Nice tax analogy - (SpiceWare) - (36)
         Thats it in a nutshell. -NT - (bepatient)
         Idiotic Analogy - (deSitter) - (14)
             What algebra, - (bepatient) - (13)
                 Well...if we do some algerbra...we can figure out the - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
                     Your comparing the wrong things. - (bepatient) - (11)
                         No I'm not... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                             You don't understand. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                 Nice misdirection. - (bepatient)
                             I understand what you're saying. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                 Right, the rich will shelter income - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Zoooom.. the sound of - - -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Chuckle... I think we agree. - (Simon_Jester)
                         Let me translate that - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             Nothing objectionable there. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 The translation might be slightly loose... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Fair enough -NT - (bepatient)
         Now after dinner they go to a bar - (boxley)
         Close - (Steve Lowe)
         You REALLY don't understand taxes. - (Brandioch) - (11)
             This is true - (deSitter) - (3)
                 Then do it. - (bepatient)
                 Exactly. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     And the counter... - (bepatient)
             Focus on Federal. - (bepatient) - (6)
                 federal sales tax on gas cigs alcohol telecommunications etc -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                     Certain items...sure. - (bepatient)
                     Those aren't "taxes", they're "user fees" - (lincoln) - (3)
                         and sales tax on food is also a user fee? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Fed? Food? -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 state not fed except for ag subsidies which are levied - (boxley)
         Not quite - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Ahh... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Yabut here's an even Better Analysis - by the same guy (new thread) - (Ashton)
         Yeah, but whats missing - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Actually, if you're the rich guy... - (Simon_Jester)
         A Buzzflash response - (Silverlock)

1. I've heard it before; and
  2. I didn't care the first time.

177 ms