Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mikey dives for cover

Rude word removed - DSM
Expand Edited by dmarker Dec. 12, 2002, 02:29:57 AM EST
New Kissykissy
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=59697|Link]
Gonna "follow thru" on this one too?
-- The truth is somewhere in between --
New Re:Mike proves what '*******' means ...
Cant justify anything

Shows what '*******' really means

Cheers Doug

Rude word removed - DSM
Expand Edited by dmarker Dec. 12, 2002, 02:29:00 AM EST
New Think I'm gonna stay on the high road on this one :-)
New Allow me.
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=67736|Doug's post.]
Just in case some of us forget what our erstwhile leaders are capable of, please don't forget this 2002 ABC news item (everyone seems to want to forget it as quickly as possible)

[link|http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/jointchiefs_010501.html|Us Joint Chiefs of Staff plotted terrorist attacks on own citizens]

Lead-in ...

"In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba. "

I see the quotation marks that Doug used. I see how he used the word "Lead-in ..." to indicate that the quote was from the link he provided.

Mike's issue:
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=68104|here]

In the original documents.....the one's I linked you to.....
there is NOTHING which talks about killing our own citizens.
There is NOTHING .........ANYWHERE.

You used the term. I objected to it. I told you why.
You have yet to justify why it was appropriate to say "own citizens".
Its clear you can't/won't defend this.

And he is correct. There is nothing in the original documents that specifically states that US citizens would be actually killed.

Nor did Doug state that there was. Doug was clearly quoting the site he was linking to. He used quotation marks and href's.
New I think the question is reasonable and straightforward
Us Joint Chiefs of Staff plotted terrorist attacks on own citizens
Where does the idea that our own citizens were to be targeted come from?
Granted it makes for great press......but where's the evidence?
New Ah yes 'Evidence' - Notarized from seecrut plan memoranda
New Ah yes.....
it must be there because errrrrm a news article implied this and ummmm
we'd really like to believe it. I think you need to plead "non est factum".
New Methinks Argumentum ad ignorantiam
[link|http://www.infidels.org/news/atheism/logic.html#ignorantiam| And maybe a gaggle of others]..
New Re: Of trying to understand Mike's reaction (not aeasy task)
But my guess is that because he doesn't know me (as others here do who have met me) he only sees me as a person in China, possibly Chinese. It is clear he disagrees with some of my thoughts on things & that is both normal & to be expected & what makes these forums active.

There are 2 clues in his posts that lead me to believe he has some paranoid perception of me being a Chinese who is posting what he sees as anti US material

1) When he said "Chinese whispers begin" (My reaction to that stupid remark was to post a picture of Miss Hong Kong 2000 as my face <grin>)

2) When he said that I was a conspiracy theorist. (How he could possibly deduce such an observation from my 1st post in this thread beats me).

My accusation against Mike is that he repeatedly over-reacts to words used by me to link to press reports writtn by US & sometimes other journalists. The operative word here is that he *grossly over-reacts* and when challenged, begins grasping at any nuiance he can find to justify what clear is his paranoid reaction.

Whan other people try to point out to him the lack of any fair basis for him to do this he attacks them personally as he is now doing to you.

As we all realise, when someone chooses to be unreasonable, there is no reasoning with them & thus this thread has degenerated into ill will and name calling (yes I plead guilty to having done that).

Last time Mike went thru a similar episode I sought work thru it with him & to pin down exactly what words of mine had triggered his reaction (he is inclined to react but not always quote the words that caused his reaction so leaves the target (aka me) trying to second guess what he is on about. Thast is not easy.

One other lesson I have learned in life is that when any of us get paranoid about something, we are capable of seeing things there that others can't & the nature of paranoia is to turn nasty when others refuse to see the point or attempt to correct the misperception. Being reasonable with him about it, doesn't guarantee a reasonable response back from him.

Seeing as how he refused my offer to part ways on reading each other posts, I can see this is all going to happen again & perhaps get uglier. This could be avoided if he was smart enough to accept my reasonable request. But it seems he is 'defender of the faith' and will attack the eviol ones who spread 'Chinese whispers' (whatever the f*** they are???).

Doug Marker
Expand Edited by dmarker Dec. 12, 2002, 07:37:19 PM EST
New Enlightenment
[link|http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/activity/games/pages/whispers.htm| CIA denies assasination of Nicole Simpson]
New Heh..
Well then, Madame Falun Gong-ish one:

I tend to think of you (well, one facet) as purveyor of my first Cartercopter ride over N. California! :-\ufffd Huh? huh?

I do recall your responding to one tirade a few moons ago, in exemplary fashion (which I could try for, a bit more often too.. if I weren't such a nasty Flummerist ;-)

Can't ever be sure in the particular, but I think that the talk-show infotainment-by-evisceration habits have indeed 'trickled down'. One of the reasons that US polit-speak is so unremittingly vulgar, usually meaningless and most often simply - nasty in a 12 yo way. The non-communication has become the worst in decades, IMhO. Ya gets either pabulum for the mall-fixated or simple-minded casuistry, with daily repetition ~ Nuremburg.

Excedrin's (YAN aspirin + Brand-Name) most sales-producing ad / simultaneously most annoying ad many years ago was,

..fast ..Fast .. FAST! Effective!! RELIEF !!!

a campaign that went on for months IIRC. Describes polit. doggerel today, here (with an occasional rare exception.. but not on Corp meeja).

Chuckles,

Ashton
Flummery by Flaubert LLC
New Re: OT: Cartercopter still being worked on ..
And yup, if I can ever fulfil your wish I promise I will.

A new rotor has been built & is being prepared for a new flight test series that should being in Jan. As always is taking a long long time to prove this new technology.

Cheers

Doug

[link|http://www.marker.org/cartercopters|Carter Copter Site]
[link|http://www.cartercopters.com/|Main CarterCopter web site]
[link|http://www.cartercopters.com/pr_12_03_2002.htm|Dec 3rd 2002 Press Release on progress]

#1 added pr link
Expand Edited by dmarker Dec. 13, 2002, 12:21:46 AM EST
     We must move on! - (andy kaufman) - (50)
         Re: Terrorists ... spread flesh eating bacteria in mail ... - (dmarker) - (49)
             U.S. Citizens? Really? So the Chinese whispers begin........ - (Mike) - (48)
                 Re: What are you rambling about now - (dmarker) - (3)
                     You keep forgetting what kind of enemy they were fighting - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                         Reminescient of my visit in 1969. - (mmoffitt)
                         What? - (Brandioch)
                 Re: thanks for the orig doc - just read it and want to know - (dmarker) - (42)
                     Just show me where. Please ????????????????? - (Mike) - (37)
                         Ahh...made immortal by Johnny D his-self! - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Link - (Mike)
                         Re: MIKE, Where did *I* say that ??? - (dmarker) - (34)
                             Us JCS plotted terrorist attacks on own citizens - (Mike) - (20)
                                 That 'title' echoed the piece linked to: - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Echo or embellishment? Therein lies the catch. - (Mike) - (1)
                                         Re: Mike, pull yer pants up & go home - (dmarker)
                                 Mike, having war gamed with officialdom - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Some of that horrific stuff happens, it seems. - (inthane-chan)
                                 Re: Mike's big Strike!!! (shoots self in foot) - (dmarker) - (14)
                                     X - (Mike) - (13)
                                         Mikey dives for cover - (dmarker) - (12)
                                             Kissykissy - (Mike) - (11)
                                                 Re:Mike proves what '*******' means ... - (dmarker) - (10)
                                                     Think I'm gonna stay on the high road on this one :-) -NT - (Mike)
                                                     Allow me. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                         I think the question is reasonable and straightforward - (Mike) - (7)
                                                             Ah yes 'Evidence' - Notarized from seecrut plan memoranda -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                                 Ah yes..... - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                     Methinks Argumentum ad ignorantiam - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Re: Of trying to understand Mike's reaction (not aeasy task) - (dmarker) - (3)
                                                                             Enlightenment - (Mike)
                                                                             Heh.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Re: OT: Cartercopter still being worked on .. - (dmarker)
                             Where? Nowhere.......... ding dong! - (Mike) - (12)
                                 Re: Easy way to solve this - (dmarker) - (10)
                                     Habitual offender - (Mike) - (9)
                                         Ah.. think I see the insurmountable problem - - (Ashton) - (8)
                                             Naaaaaah.....being entirely too kind to yourself. As always. - (Mike) - (4)
                                                 Re: One nasty & paranoid dude -NT - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                     You are too much :-) -NT - (Mike)
                                                 .. wouldn't dream of out-flummoxing an alliteration weenie - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     We have to go there I guess... - (Mike)
                                             It will never work. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                 But.. but I Know I'm Right! - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     Sweet - (Mike)
                                 Sorry to bring this up but - (boxley)
                     Ah, guard duty. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                         Re: Brandi - Your duty at Guantnimo ? - (dmarker) - (1)
                             Nope. Not there. - (Brandioch)
                     Ah, "Remember the Maine!". - (a6l6e6x)
                 Re: thanks for the orig doc - just read it and want to know - (dmarker)

It's Howdy Doody Time!
116 ms