IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Exactly.
We have the BEST care available.

Just because it is not AFFORDABLE for everyone does not make it any worse.

Now, many other nations will dole out care that is LESS than the BEST, but dole it out to 100% of their population.

So, the portion in the US that cannot afford ANY care would, in those other countries, get BETTER care than they would in the US.

But, while that care would be BETTER than what they had, it is still below the BEST care, which is in the US.

Sheesh, you'd think people could understand none-better-best.
New It's not an abstact quality, it's a commodity
Health care is a commodity. It's purpose is (theoritically) to keep the populace healthy.
If the populace can not access this health care for whatever reason, it is ineffectual.
If it ineffectual, it is not the best. It's not even adaquate.
Just because it won best-of-show for a couple things, trauma, specific surgical proceedures, come to mind, does not mean that it is adequate as a whole.
If you want to argue that the purpose of health care is *NOT* to keep the populace healthy, you can argue by yourself.
New Interesting.
Health care is a commodity. It's purpose is (theoritically) to keep the populace healthy.

Commodity:
1. Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage: \ufffdLeft-handed, power-hitting third basemen are a rare commodity in the big leagues\ufffd (Steve Guiremand).

2. An article of trade or commerce, especially an agricultural or mining product that can be processed and resold.

3. Advantage; benefit.

Somehow, I don't see "health care" coming under definitions #1 or #2. Maybe #3, but that includes anything not detrimental.

If the populace can not access this health care for whatever reason, it is ineffectual.
But they can. They can buy aspirin and cough syrup at any corner store.

Just because it won best-of-show for a couple things, trauma, specific surgical proceedures, come to mind, does not mean that it is adequate as a whole.
Again, "best" is not "average".

If you want to argue that the purpose of health care is *NOT* to keep the populace healthy, you can argue by yourself.
Cute.

Anyway, back to the coconuts.

Nation B has more coconuts. Because the majority of individuals in that nation have less coconut than the individuals in Nation A does not mean that Nation B has fewer coconuts.

That is the flaw in your logic.

You're trying to say that unless EVERYONE in a nation has the BEST health care, that nation does NOT have the BEST health care.

So, Nation B does not have the most coconuts because everyone doesn't have more coconuts than everyone in Nation A.

And that is the different between BEST and AVERAGE.
New Ok: try 'theoretical' VS actual; potential VS performance
My point(s) would remain: the PDR-mandated 'procedures' are very often NOT the most efficacious ones known to mankind. And even these are withheld from an astonishingly vast number of citizens (not to even mention the many non-citizens - without whose labours we'd all have to learn what 'a day's Hard Work' means).

We have the very Best of the known techniques: in a few specialties. In that I agree with Hugh's admirably brief summation. We also have much more disinformation than useable information re Why.. (say) our cancer rates are huge and increasing at alarming rates: that is, the rate-of-increase of breast cancer is just One of these runaway areas. This apart from: "how efficacious are the Big3 ONLY-solutions" dispensed here? That is a separate question from, how artfully these procedures are usually practised and how generally available.

I believe that the lack of *believable* and solidly relevant Information about the peculiar conditions here: our ugly junk-food habits, our earlier laissez-faire attitudes toward megatons of Corp pollution dumping into rivers and groundwater everywhere.. bad info, massaged info.. all make difficult any sane assessment overall of, "how well our med system in fact meets the peculiar needs of Muricans". Today or at any period.

So I return to the one-word issue of 'BEST' and demur. I say that 'good' is a reasonable adjective for maybe almost a majority of employed population, for most problems. 'Bad to nonexistent' is reasonable depiction re the poor, the uninsured / the growing army of Corp-created 'temps' and.. certainly all the many non-citizens. Trauma alone wins unqualified Best (and only in selected big-city orgs).

Even the cancer treatment selected by foreign nabobs.. can be shown to be more about propaganda and dazzlement by technology: than a clear comprehension of that person's best chances. Very few MDs will honestly present (or know of!) a comprehensive list of alternatives - especially of any outside the PDR. Think Murican law + medical Corporate care here.

(Fortunately there are still a few wise practitioners about - Russian roulette finding these. Crap shoot IMhO)

Rest case.

Ashton
I suggest that, the more you work with/around MDs, the queasier you will become (especially when you catch their repartee in unguarded moments = the only Honest talk).
New I agree.
     Tort reform - (Silverlock) - (80)
         thats tart reform not tort reform -NT - (boxley)
         And if I... - (bepatient) - (75)
             Ooooh! falling off chair - (wharris2)
             Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much - (Ashton) - (52)
                 sorry about you perception of Fords - (boxley)
                 Methinks you missed the important one... - (bepatient) - (50)
                     No problem if the commune's infirmary is used. :) - (a6l6e6x)
                     very simple solution - (boxley) - (1)
                         I LIKE it! - (jb4)
                     Non seq.___ You mean: all and Everything ?? - (Ashton) - (46)
                         I don't see any problem at all. - (Brandioch) - (45)
                             But you don't have the BEST care in the world. - (tuberculosis) - (44)
                                 If you have the money, the best treatment is in the US. - (Brandioch) - (36)
                                     How?!?! WHO MAKES THE LAWS THAT ARE USED IN THE COURTS? - (tuberculosis) - (35)
                                         Don't bother them with minor details... - (bepatient)
                                         Whatever. - (Brandioch) - (33)
                                             Best technology - wildly variable 'medicine'. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 It's in our culture. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                     It is in our culture even more than that - (ben_tilly)
                                             Extreme case - (tuberculosis) - (29)
                                                 Since you were unable to answer the question... - (Brandioch) - (28)
                                                     Mexico -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Nope - 97. -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                     Did you not look at the link in my first article? - (tuberculosis) - (25)
                                                         I didn't say that. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                                                             and he whines when I do that :0 -NT - (boxley)
                                                             Afraid I'd have to quibble with 'best' in lots of contexts - (Ashton)
                                                             BEST by what measurement? - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                                                                 No source needed. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                                                     France. - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                                         He wouldnt reply to Mexico he doesnt have any facts -NT - (boxley) - (18)
                                                                             Pick pick pick :-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                             One more time. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                 Definitions and Metrics. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                                     No, I think you've phrased it correctly. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                                         Silly definition of BEST - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                                                             No, that is the definition of "best". - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                                 Hardly. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                                                     All parts of the elephant - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                                                                                         Because my definition does not agree with your opinion.... - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                                             Lighten up - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                                                                                 never let a cheap rhetorical device hold you back :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                     He never does ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                 yes -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                     And Mexico's equivalent to the Mayo Clinics is.....? -NT - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                         UNAM Mexico City where Americans go to do post grad tropical - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                             Heh - once 'made rounds' there - (Ashton)
                                                                                             It looks good. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                 Its your assertion, you support it. - (boxley)
                                 Price of drugs outside the US - (bluke)
                                 Sure does for those who can afford it - (bluke) - (5)
                                     Exactly. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                         It's not an abstact quality, it's a commodity - (hnick) - (3)
                                             Interesting. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                 Ok: try 'theoretical' VS actual; potential VS performance - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     I agree. -NT - (Brandioch)
             I don't get your snideness - (jb4) - (20)
                 But they don't. - (bepatient) - (19)
                     A sample web link. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Rather nicely covered on 60 Minutes, last night. Still...... - (Ashton) - (3)
                         But if I were to interpret.... - (bepatient) - (2)
                             New blood, and with real-life Experience, not just an MBA. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 I thought those were the ball players ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                     Is abuse of tort that widespread? - (Silverlock) - (6)
                         the issue I have on tort reform is class actions - (boxley) - (2)
                             My proposal for a reform: - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 Hey, I LIKE it! - (jb4)
                         What you don't hear is worse... - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Aren't they mostly between insurance companies? - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 I'm not saying... - (bepatient)
                     So how do you handle this? - (jb4) - (6)
                         Valid claim - (bepatient) - (5)
                             Yup - it's about Trust. There isn't any (much) left - (Ashton)
                             Hysterical...? - (jb4) - (3)
                                 Hee hee.... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     smartass.... -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                         :-) -NT - (bepatient)
         He more closely connects crime and punishment. - (static)
         Tort system simply broken - (JayMehaffey)
         Tort Reform Irony - don't talk about it..... - (Simon_Jester)

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rye!
188 ms