IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Fooling the Turing Test
First of all, emulating the speach of an 18 month-old is not that hard. But, extrapolating that to a 5-year-old and then further is a bit too presumptuious.

I can build an emulation of a 9 month child, although my Puke-A-Tron still has a few glitches in it.

Did Turing specify what kind of human was to be emulated? The person on the other side could possibly mistake some of the current chat bots for skiztofranic humans.

However, they will never be able to emulate my bad spelling. That should be the *real* test.

Which was the success criteria, as well. The computer had to fool people as often as the man.

Alan Turing's test, the way he wrote it, is pretty hard. The variations are much easier. I had an entirely functional emulator named Katy.exe that was indistinguishable from a person suffering from catatonia. And I didn't even write it on purpose, I renamed another program that happened to work that way due to something stupid I did with a pointer.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
     Hal is born - (DonRichards) - (18)
         Halfway there. - (tseliot) - (3)
             You should also look at the Cog project, then... - (neelk) - (2)
                 Fascinating - (deSitter)
                 Thanks! Cursory view looks promising... -NT - (tseliot)
         Hal, shmal - (wharris2) - (3)
             Why so hostile? - (DonRichards) - (2)
                 Just the hype - (wharris2) - (1)
                     But it doesn't say that - (DonRichards)
         Validity of the Turing Test? - (ChrisR) - (9)
             Good points - (DonRichards)
             The best argument against the Turing Test is Eliza -NT - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                 No, the best argument against the Turing Test is Usenet - (drewk) - (4)
                     Don't You Need Numbers? - (deSitter)
                     Well purl passed the IRC test a long time ago - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                         How 'bout the magical Frenchman? -NT - (drewk)
                         unReal.. but real-enough for Govt. Work. merely the facade - (Ashton)
             Re: Fooling the Turing Test - (tablizer) - (1)
                 Yep, Turing specified - (mhuber)

WORA
37 ms