IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Why thats simple...
Yeah, the pledge will turn all those impressionable minds who haven't been turned into mush by PC, bad teachers, bad teaching techniques, and so forth... into mush.

I'm beginning to like the Starship Troopers citizen model a lot more than I used to.
New that was the Roman model
a citizen was called into the legions and stayed there until the age of forty. How is your manual of arms drill?
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
New Never had the option, here
I might have considered serving in the army, only they would have invalidated me because of my scoliosis. Basic training in a back brace, heh.
New that is the problem with military service being a prereq
for citizenship. There is more than one way to serve your country and you with your skills are valuable here.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
     Pennsylvania passes "Pledge" bill - (Silverlock) - (61)
         Makes me even prouder of my daughter. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Gotta say this - (Silverlock)
             Now if that story could travel the grapevine - (Ashton)
         Nail #666013 in the Coffin. - (Ashton) - (57)
             And the previous administration? - (wharris2)
             What if they take the.. - (bepatient) - (55)
                 Just out of curiosity: Would that do it for you? -NT - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     I don't see another... - (bepatient) - (8)
                         The act of protesting - (imric) - (1)
                             I suppose that - (bepatient)
                         I'd agree 'over-reaction' if.. - (Ashton)
                         Over reaction? - (deSitter)
                         I agree - (Silverlock) - (2)
                             Sure. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Possibly it is more significant now because of 'conditions' - (Ashton)
                         Never mind the constitution... - (CRConrad)
                 Here's my disagreement. - (inthane-chan) - (42)
                     Precisamente, Thane - (Ashton)
                     Ditto and more. - (Brandioch) - (40)
                         Mere slothful thought + partisan Bible-thumping - I guess -NT - (Ashton) - (39)
                             I'd guess similar. - (Brandioch) - (38)
                                 Both you and Ashton are reacting to the wrong thing - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                     I don't think so. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                         Damn - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             My objection. - (Brandioch)
                                     Oh,...the irony... - (jb4)
                                 A shameless barter.. - (Ashton) - (32)
                                     You got it. - (Brandioch) - (31)
                                         Tell ya what I find rilly *discouraging* about this thread - (Ashton) - (30)
                                             Ashton, are you arguing against automatic citizenship? - (wharris2) - (11)
                                                 Ah, the traditional response. - (Brandioch)
                                                 Believe in being as honest with my gov as they are with me\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 where in the hell do you pledge alegiance to "someone"? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                     What is the pledge? - (wharris2) - (7)
                                                         Sorry my constitution doesnt deport citizens - (boxley)
                                                         Why thats simple... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             React early - or watch attention span wane via next Warz ads -NT - (Ashton)
                                                             Re: Why thats simple... - (wharris2) - (3)
                                                                 that was the Roman model - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                     Never had the option, here - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                                         that is the problem with military service being a prereq - (boxley)
                                             Because those oaths have worked. - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                 nit when did we ever breed for intelligence after slavery - (boxley) - (16)
                                                     Many years ago. - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                                         The link was broken way before that - (mhuber) - (14)
                                                             Even more basic - - (Ashton)
                                                             Evolution. - (Another Scott)
                                                             You can't be serious, can you? - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                                                 100% serious. - (mhuber) - (3)
                                                                     In that huge span - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                                         What advance in capabilities? - (mhuber) - (1)
                                                                             You're mixing 2 discussions here... - (Arkadiy)
                                                             Can't find a reference right now... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                 are you implying meateaters are smarter - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                     Neither - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                         Gould questioned that - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                                                                             If he wrote about it... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                 Overstated the case - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                                                                     That fits my recollection as well :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 Basically, No - (jb4) - (1)
                     Yes - free speech is also the right to remain silent. -NT - (Ashton)

The mind boggles.
177 ms