Uh-Oh, I triggered the smartest man alive.

For many years I nurtured the illusion that I was the smartest guy in the room. Except for the most part, I knew it wasn't true because I chose the people that were in the room. I hired them as part of my team and I wanted them smarter than me because I knew the smarter they were the better my team would be. Executives would always discount the smarter people around me and tried to stroke me by telling me how smart I was. Because they knew that as long as they kept me happy they'd make money.

I didn't care about the stroking but I sure loved the salary. They didn't realize that style of stroking is insulting. I don't give a s*** what you think of my code. You can't possibly understand my code or the effort that went into my code. But here you are telling me how brilliant I am because of my code. This could be pig Latin for all you knew and you'd still be saying the same thing. Executive stroking is annoying. Good thing the job was usually fun.

I knew my place in the world then and I know it now. I was a part of a team of three people whose project ended in the result of the death of 60,000 people in the United States as of a certain date about 8 years ago according to the radio report. So I figure I'm personally responsible for the death of 20,000 people. This was not a weapons project. This was a junk mail project. So I have an oversized sensitivity of the ability of individuals to actually have a large impact on other people. Usually negatively though. Something tells me you're still trying to figure yourself out.

At this point I'm not competing in the tech world. At this point I don't have any personal situation where I need to be competing with anyone. That's when I have to be smart. F*** that, I'd rather be happy.

The roughest moment of my life on a daily basis is trying to figure out what the f*** that noise was?! The cat just grabbed something and flung it across the room. And then it comes barreling at me and throws its 20 lb body against my chest and nuzzles my neck and we cuddle and purr. What did you do today that made you that happy, the level of happiness I have every 10 minutes? That's it. The roughest moment is a step just below joy.

Besides music, you want to know the perfect distraction to zone into? Kitten videos, puppy videos, puppy and kitten together videos. Get that oxytocin running. You probably want me to stop watching those too.

So yes, I will keep on enjoying my life, thank you very much, with or without music.