IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can't outrun your fork
You lose weight in the kitchen.

You get fit in the gym.

These are symbiotic but separate activities.

I have lost 20kg* over the course of ~18 months by simply writing down what I actually eat in MyFitnessPal. I work to a 1600kcal daily target.

Everything is better. Sleep, joints, the performance of my alimentary canal**, concentration.

All I can tell you is that, for me, nothing tastes as good as not feeling like shit on the regular. And I fuckin’ love crisps and all the delicious but absolute garbage food you’ve enumerated here.

*three stone. I’m currently 182cm and 95kg, and my target is 80kg.
**I never thought “better turds” would be an outcome of weight loss, but here we are.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Feb. 13, 2024, 07:23:14 AM EST
New Food tracking is undervalued.
Yep, it's work, but you find out all *kinds* of things about what you thought your diet was and what it actually is. Well, unless all you eat is frozen pizza and bacon, I guess.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New The thing it taught me...
...was that I was a big fat hairy liar who lies all the time to themselves about what they eat.

I’m convinced that one of the reasons the English-speaking West is turning into such a sea of lard is that we’ve successfully sold ourselves the idea we’re eating far less than we actually do.
New Same
Or at least, huh, I guess eating a big handful of chocolate covered almonds/half a bag of chips/giant bowl of ice cream/etc. every day without exercising isn't doing me a lot of good.

I found that I get hungrier than I need to be and now there's a limiter on it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Crunchy carbs and bread get me - they don't satisfy.
I've recently tried roasted soybeans and roasted edamame (about 2 ounces total as a snack in the afternoon) make a satisfying, crunchy, salty snack. The protein kills the "MUST EAT MORE" cravings that chips and bread and similar things give me.

I've got to get my diet under control before I retire, probably less than 5 years from now. I eat less at work than I do at home... :-/

Good luck with the fight, everyone!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I’ve been working on my brainmeats
Trying to deprioritise food in my life. Which is a total pain, because I love food and cooking and cooking food, then eating it all.

It’s the daft little tricks that seem to help - drink a pint of water before a meal, etc.
New You can't outrun your fork unless you are on the great cancer diet :-)
weighed 195 lbs for 30 years down to 158lbs in the last year
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Smoke-free day 2 - (crazy) - (17)
         Good, good. "I choose not to smoke." Good luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Keep it up! - (a6l6e6x)
         Good luck to you both! -NT - (malraux)
         Dooo eeeet - (pwhysall) - (13)
             Service our appetite? No. - (drook)
             Oh, I'm going to get fatter - (crazy) - (11)
                 You need to cut back how often and how much pizza you eat! - (a6l6e6x)
                 You can't outrun your fork - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     Food tracking is undervalued. - (malraux) - (4)
                         The thing it taught me... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Same - (malraux) - (2)
                                 Crunchy carbs and bread get me - they don't satisfy. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I’ve been working on my brainmeats - (pwhysall)
                     You can't outrun your fork unless you are on the great cancer diet :-) - (boxley)
                 OK, now I know... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     We also know who *not* to accept a gift of artisinal rendered tallow from -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Hey, the tallow candles may not burn bright enough to read by, but they do... - (CRConrad)

Consider the job: to build a structure based on live bone and meat that has to perform under extreme forces in one of the most corrosive environments on the planet. Has to look good too.
61 ms