IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dooo eeeet
Just be mindful that your appetite will return with a vengeance, and you live in a country whose entire food infrastructure is designed to service that, with bells on.
New Service our appetite? No.
It's designed to invent and maintain appetite, but never actually satiate it.
--

Drew
New Oh, I'm going to get fatter
I'm already fat. 5'7 inch and 200 lb. 175 feels best on me. I've run out of energy and testosterone to attempt to do another exercise weight loss pass and I have no interest in being hungry. Every time I start moving too fast I hurt a joint and I'm definitely not going to go damage myself on a treadmill just to look better. Store up some fat for when I get sick someday, it'll let me last longer.

No fast food for me though. I never leave my property. It's about 100 ft out to the back shed and I occasionally carry about 30 gallons of water in 5 gallon buckets from the doorway of the shed to the back of the shed to water the pot plants. That's the most exercise I get and also the greatest likelihood of damaging my back as I walk with a bucket. It's the long darkness, wet and cold. Add in the fact that the closest fast food is approximately 15 mi away.

With M gone I eat almost nothing but Digorgio frozen "supreme" pizzas. I add half a can of sliced olives, couple slices of chopped up onion, half a can of sliced mushrooms, a bunch of crumbled bacon, another full layer of pepperoni, and then top it off with another layer of mozzarella. I buy the sliced mushrooms and olives by the case from Amazon.

I can eat about a pizza a day. Last night I switched it up and fried up some pork belly. That's just ridiculously thick bacon. First, you have to sous vide it and then just sear on a coating of flavor.

I really like Maruchan yakisoba. The beef teriyaki is great and the Korean barbecue is even better. I slice and chop up an onion and toss it on top and then 4 minutes in the microwave and I'm in heaven.

Yesterday I ordered 100 bucks of chips and crunchy stuff from Amazon. Many many bags of single serving Cheetos and Cape cod kettle chips and funyon rings and other assorted goodies. Note: these should last me many months. I know I'm overloading on salt all over the place and I'm not going to sit there and eat bag after bag after bag in a setting. Figure two single serve bags per day. I just wanted my specific chips/assortment and I hate buying a single large bag of anything since it loses its crunch here very quickly no matter how well I ziplock it.

I have assorted Vietnamese pho packets which I then drop in a couple slices of meat and onions. I have an assortment of 15 different types of Thai noodles with various spices in two to three minute easily cookable packets.

Keep in mind I have 10 body freezer, the hugest chest freezer that I've ever seen in a home, pretty much totally filled with a huge assortment of high quality meats and vegetables and pasta and blah blah blah blah blah. M made sure that the freezer was filled with all kinds of stuff that would keep me happy and healthy. And I said f*** that, I'm eating pizza! This is my old age version of hookers and cocaine. This is my vacation. I'll eat well when she gets back.

Add in the weekly liter of tequila and I assume I'll pick up another 20 to 30 lb in the next few months.

Edit: one weird thing about how I carry excess weight. It is virtually invisible to professionals. However it gets distributed It is basically unseeable. How do I know this? Because I would go to Great adventure and other carnivals and I would ask them to estimate my weight for a prize. I have seen these guys do it perfectly again and again and then when I get up there, weighing 225, they would consistently guess me at 170. 170! I was guaranteed to win a prize. So I have this lack of caring of presentation to the outside world on how I look. I know I look great all the goddamn time. Even at 225. Which is crazy but simultaneously true.

Edit 2: I just realized I have a panful of bacon fat from the pork bellies sitting there from last night. I wonder how the pizza will do reheated by frying it. I'll find out soon enough.
Expand Edited by crazy Feb. 12, 2024, 11:29:35 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Feb. 12, 2024, 11:33:28 AM EST
New You need to cut back how often and how much pizza you eat!
Look at the required "Nutrition Facts" of the packaging. The medium sized pizza my wife and I ate often was 3 servings and not just 2 as we treated it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New You can't outrun your fork
You lose weight in the kitchen.

You get fit in the gym.

These are symbiotic but separate activities.

I have lost 20kg* over the course of ~18 months by simply writing down what I actually eat in MyFitnessPal. I work to a 1600kcal daily target.

Everything is better. Sleep, joints, the performance of my alimentary canal**, concentration.

All I can tell you is that, for me, nothing tastes as good as not feeling like shit on the regular. And I fuckin’ love crisps and all the delicious but absolute garbage food you’ve enumerated here.

*three stone. I’m currently 182cm and 95kg, and my target is 80kg.
**I never thought “better turds” would be an outcome of weight loss, but here we are.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Feb. 13, 2024, 07:23:14 AM EST
New Food tracking is undervalued.
Yep, it's work, but you find out all *kinds* of things about what you thought your diet was and what it actually is. Well, unless all you eat is frozen pizza and bacon, I guess.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New The thing it taught me...
...was that I was a big fat hairy liar who lies all the time to themselves about what they eat.

I’m convinced that one of the reasons the English-speaking West is turning into such a sea of lard is that we’ve successfully sold ourselves the idea we’re eating far less than we actually do.
New Same
Or at least, huh, I guess eating a big handful of chocolate covered almonds/half a bag of chips/giant bowl of ice cream/etc. every day without exercising isn't doing me a lot of good.

I found that I get hungrier than I need to be and now there's a limiter on it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Crunchy carbs and bread get me - they don't satisfy.
I've recently tried roasted soybeans and roasted edamame (about 2 ounces total as a snack in the afternoon) make a satisfying, crunchy, salty snack. The protein kills the "MUST EAT MORE" cravings that chips and bread and similar things give me.

I've got to get my diet under control before I retire, probably less than 5 years from now. I eat less at work than I do at home... :-/

Good luck with the fight, everyone!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I’ve been working on my brainmeats
Trying to deprioritise food in my life. Which is a total pain, because I love food and cooking and cooking food, then eating it all.

It’s the daft little tricks that seem to help - drink a pint of water before a meal, etc.
New You can't outrun your fork unless you are on the great cancer diet :-)
weighed 195 lbs for 30 years down to 158lbs in the last year
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New OK, now I know...
Keep in mind I have 10 body freezer, the hugest chest freezer that I've ever seen in a home
...who gets to stash the bodies going forward.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New We also know who *not* to accept a gift of artisinal rendered tallow from
--

Drew
New Hey, the tallow candles may not burn bright enough to read by, but they do...
...give off a delicious barbecued-pork aroma!
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
Expand Edited by CRConrad Feb. 23, 2024, 02:08:31 AM EST
     Smoke-free day 2 - (crazy) - (17)
         Good, good. "I choose not to smoke." Good luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Keep it up! - (a6l6e6x)
         Good luck to you both! -NT - (malraux)
         Dooo eeeet - (pwhysall) - (13)
             Service our appetite? No. - (drook)
             Oh, I'm going to get fatter - (crazy) - (11)
                 You need to cut back how often and how much pizza you eat! - (a6l6e6x)
                 You can't outrun your fork - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     Food tracking is undervalued. - (malraux) - (4)
                         The thing it taught me... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Same - (malraux) - (2)
                                 Crunchy carbs and bread get me - they don't satisfy. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I’ve been working on my brainmeats - (pwhysall)
                     You can't outrun your fork unless you are on the great cancer diet :-) - (boxley)
                 OK, now I know... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     We also know who *not* to accept a gift of artisinal rendered tallow from -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Hey, the tallow candles may not burn bright enough to read by, but they do... - (CRConrad)

12V at mucho amps, etc.
103 ms