IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cyber attack
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2023/09/11/mgm-cyber-attack-impact-resorts-hotels-us/70828503007/

2-hour line for check-in at the Excalibur. Corporate staff manning the elevators. It's a cluster f**k
Expand Edited by crazy Sept. 13, 2023, 09:09:39 PM EDT
New The accountants are running the elevators
They brought in all the corporate employees that would normally work in the back office. They don't know s*** but they were a friendly face. They give you water, beer and wine while waiting in lines. Not good enough.

They should have paid the hackers. Caesars had this happen a week ago, they paid the hackers, they're doing fine now.

I assume IT has turned off everything. They are trying to figure out what they can turn back on. The slot machines are either dark or take cash only. The kiddie arcade is turned off. Good thing I don't gamble.

We paid for this a year ago. Oh well.
New Sorry you are caught up on all that.
I hope that folks whose job it is to plan to respond to huge disasters are paying attention. :-/

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Who wants to help me? Because I am f*****?!
M decided to bite me. I call the cops on her. It seems my internet is working.

My phone has been turned off. I can't get calls to lawyers. As of midnight it seems to be turned off but I can get internet.

I am trapped in Las Vegas. I can't get a flight out until I figure out cash. I have no credit cards, they're all in M's name. I am seriously f*****.

The police took her away. I spent a few hours trying to find a lawyer for her but then my phone got turned off at midnight. I'm going to go to my bank in the morning and hopefully get some cash but they might not give it to me. I am totally f*****.

Really, seriously, I'm trapped here. I have to leave the hotel at 10:00. Or else the Vegas cops will throw me out. I have no idea if this post will actually work since I'm not sure if my phone will work. I am seriously f*****.

My credit card associated with my bank account got lost a couple of months ago but I didn't care. Silly me. I'm calling lawyers to get her out but no one's calling me back and at this point I have no idea of my phone works. I am so f*****.

Anyone want to help me?
New How?
Maybe there's a charity or mission or something that can help with emergency cash?

It seems like you can post ok, so apparently it can connect to wifi.

If you don't have any accounts, I don't know how we can send money (or if we send it, how you can get it out to use). Do you have a PayPal or similar account?

:-(

Good luck, man. I'm really sorry.

Best wishes,
Scott.
New Never mind
She called me from the jail. Plus I'm capable of texting with lawyers.

It seems the hotel controls the outgoing phone calls from my cell and it turned off at midnight.
New I will never leave home if I get back again
I am so f*****. I can't believe how bad I am right now. If I ever get back home again I will never leave home again. Holy s***. I apologize for the whining but the bottom line is I am so f***** I can't believe how bad it is. I will never leave home if I get back again.
New Do you have return plane tickets?
Are you ok if you can get to the airport?
--

Drew
New Re: Do you have return plane tickets?
Everything's on her phone. They're kicking me out at 10:00 am. But it seems we will be able to handle it. I watch Clark county jail on YouTube all the time. I actually would have liked to visit it and say hi to those guards. I was joking about it. She actually gets to do it.
New All better
Charges dropped. Luggage dropped off at new hotel, check in this afternoon.
New 👍
New Good to hear
--

Drew
New Glad to hear it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Glad that things are improving.
Having read all the other things you wrote, I'm sad to see the troublesome things happening in your life.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Fuck, man, sorry to hear it.
Seems to suck to be in your shoes sometimes. :-(

As the guys said, great that those acute problems seemed to be getting fixed! Fingers crossed that stuff will look up in general soon, so you dare step off your property again. ;-)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Back in Seattle, waiting for M to get the car from the parking garage
Basically she had a dream state psychotic episode where someone was attacking her and she ended up chomping down on me fighting me while she was asleep. Then she ran out of the room screaming she was going to be calling the police on me. Since I'm a drug felon I can never ever have someone call the police on me, I have to call the police on them first. That went into a cascading s*** storm.

She got out of jail 24 hours later. I committed a shitload of money to lawyers that was never used but I still owe it.

The Excalibur kicked us out so we had to find a new hotel.

We ended up at the Alexis resort. This is a kick ass hotel, all the rooms are right next to the airport but I got used to the planes and they were fun to watch.

We never made it to the Carlos Santana show. Oh well. We did make it to Cirque Soleil. That was weird. It was okay. But at that point my hips were killing me and I foolishly did not bring my kneeling wheelie thing, I thought I didn't need it. I did. Oh well. The next day we went to a comic/magician in the Jimmy Kimmel theater. That was nice.

She flies a lot so we got upgraded the first class for free. The only way to fly
New Good luck to all the crazies. 🙂
New Home. Safe.
My neighbor's dogs are barking. They've got a couple of huskies. The sweetest most wonderful dogs in the world. Before I left, I considered them a minor nuisance, extraneous noise. Now I love them. They mean I'm home. Home is great and the rest of the world is dangerous.

I have nested. I have created the most wonderful place to be. Everything out there is ready to kill me. Everything in here will give me comfort. I love being here. I missed my cats. My cats missed me. All is in balance.

M wanted to go on vacation. From what I don't know, but I'm perfectly happy to support her. No longer. I will stay home and be happy. I will never leave here again if I can avoid it. I'm a terrible traveler.

Squinting for the TV. How does anyone watch a TV? My screen is about 10 ft wide. It's attached to a sound bar/ stereo. It's perfect. I can kick back and absorb into whatever video the world presents me. How the hell does anyone watch TV? Squint squint squint. F*** that. Kickback behind the enormous screen.

Food in a room. The really high end hotels don't have a refrigerator or a microwave. They expect you to travel for food or accommodate with a tiny cooler. F*** that. I hate that. I hate traveling. F*** that.

My life is so wonderful in place. Why would I suffer for an occasional visual? I am never leaving home again.
New Glad to hear things worked out
     Cyber attack - (crazy) - (18)
         The accountants are running the elevators - (crazy) - (17)
             Sorry you are caught up on all that. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Who wants to help me? Because I am f*****?! - (crazy) - (2)
                     How? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Never mind - (crazy)
             I will never leave home if I get back again - (crazy) - (12)
                 Do you have return plane tickets? - (drook) - (11)
                     Re: Do you have return plane tickets? - (crazy) - (10)
                         All better - (crazy) - (4)
                             👍 -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Good to hear -NT - (drook)
                             Glad to hear it. -NT - (malraux)
                             Glad that things are improving. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Fuck, man, sorry to hear it. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                             Back in Seattle, waiting for M to get the car from the parking garage - (crazy) - (3)
                                 Good luck to all the crazies. 🙂 -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Home. Safe. - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Glad to hear things worked out -NT - (scoenye)

Obeying the Law of Gravity since 2001.
120 ms