IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Note Dame fire
I am glad to have visited it. It’s sobering to think that it will not be restored in my lifetime.

cordially,
New Ten years to restore it
York Minster was similar.

You're an old fart, but you're not that old and farty.

ETA: York Minster was a four-year job, although the damage was likely not as severe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28112373

EETTAA: The Rose Window was cracked into 40,000 pieces. But they put it back together, and now it looks like this:

Expand Edited by pwhysall April 16, 2019, 02:24:20 AM EDT
Expand Edited by pwhysall April 16, 2019, 02:30:02 AM EDT
New With ND's intense heat though, how much glass is left?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New The three rose windows are intact-ish.
New Associative disaster ('s? maybe) The Lead/Pb==Plumbum==that hideous element when in tykes' brainz
Heard en passant: many-tonnes of that used as roofing.. now a part of the debris-field, plus, vaporised:
WhereEver it be now. And especially: Next??
     Notre Dame IS ON FIRE!!! ... is this the Final-Notice that ...we just passd "V-2" in pilot-lingo - (Ashton) - (16)
         Nope - (lincoln) - (3)
             Nah. Some believer didn't eat fish last Friday. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 that was me - I had a cheese & sausage pizza -NT - (lincoln)
                 It's 'The Ides' ... ... of April?? ... a month late, perhaps. -NT - (Ashton)
         Note Dame fire - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Ten years to restore it - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 With ND's intense heat though, how much glass is left? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     The three rose windows are intact-ish. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Associative disaster ('s? maybe) The Lead/Pb==Plumbum==that hideous element when in tykes' brainz - (Ashton)
         An eloquent Mea Culpa heard on npr/Hear & Now this AM.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             ~200 years ago - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Yah, further clarification of the definition of 'a tragedy' ... - (Ashton)
         Must be a bummer . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Bumptious.. LRPD sez - (Ashton)
             "Better than a VBF, any day of the week." -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                 I understood that reference. -NT - (drook)