IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Notre Dame IS ON FIRE!!! ... is this the Final-Notice that ...we just passd "V-2" in pilot-lingo
..and Da World is lookin a Lot like that horrific SST-crash?

[Lose the LRPDEE: Relax... you're quite safe here.] I mean.. This IS the dis-US we're talkin about..
LIVE on CNN.
Expand Edited by Ashton April 16, 2019, 01:09:54 AM EDT
New Nope
they were doing restoration work and some worker got too careless.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Nah. Some believer didn't eat fish last Friday.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New that was me - I had a cheese & sausage pizza

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New It's 'The Ides' ... ... of April?? ... a month late, perhaps.
New Note Dame fire
I am glad to have visited it. It’s sobering to think that it will not be restored in my lifetime.

cordially,
New Ten years to restore it
York Minster was similar.

You're an old fart, but you're not that old and farty.

ETA: York Minster was a four-year job, although the damage was likely not as severe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28112373

EETTAA: The Rose Window was cracked into 40,000 pieces. But they put it back together, and now it looks like this:

Expand Edited by pwhysall April 16, 2019, 02:24:20 AM EDT
Expand Edited by pwhysall April 16, 2019, 02:30:02 AM EDT
New With ND's intense heat though, how much glass is left?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New The three rose windows are intact-ish.
New Associative disaster ('s? maybe) The Lead/Pb==Plumbum==that hideous element when in tykes' brainz
Heard en passant: many-tonnes of that used as roofing.. now a part of the debris-field, plus, vaporised:
WhereEver it be now. And especially: Next??
New An eloquent Mea Culpa heard on npr/Hear & Now this AM..
In that charming accént.. a [person unknown/missed start] noted the Neglect.. of such treasure-troves across France--a charge made way-back by a cited author--then compared with U.S. 'caretaking': ~~"You are younger, and your treasures/museums and such receive more attention, Care", etc.

No Excuses.. one Likes that in a spokes-person.
New ~200 years ago
Notre Dame was in such a dilapidated state that the city considered tearing it down. Only Victor Hugo's book about a certain bell ringer saved it from that fate. The revival spurred the last major renovation the building has seen.

But all in all, the structure has weathered the fire remarkably well. The falling spire punched a huge hole in the stone vaulted ceiling but the rest held up and protected the insides of the cathedral from total destruction.

(And re. one of your other posts, there was "only" 250 ton of lead in the spire alone...)
New Yah, further clarification of the definition of 'a tragedy' ...
A theory killed by a Fact..

That mere 500,000 pounds of Plumbum fell into the inferno; now lots of PbO2 ..and
much Much worse compounds have distributed ... wherever the wind blows,
chemistry being such a Fraught-science ;^> (Hey!..let's stop teaching that to the tykes, too!)

Test:
How many recent HS-grads do you know, who can say what 'valence' means? Hmmm? :-/
(My guesstimate is that more in Paris can.. than any dis-US sample, but that's just a w.a.g.)
New Must be a bummer . . .
. . to have on you list of completed projects - "Burned down Notre Dame".
New Bumptious.. LRPD sez
See. All my little jokes have layers upon layers.
New "Better than a VBF, any day of the week."
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I understood that reference.
--

Drew
     Notre Dame IS ON FIRE!!! ... is this the Final-Notice that ...we just passd "V-2" in pilot-lingo - (Ashton) - (16)
         Nope - (lincoln) - (3)
             Nah. Some believer didn't eat fish last Friday. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 that was me - I had a cheese & sausage pizza -NT - (lincoln)
                 It's 'The Ides' ... ... of April?? ... a month late, perhaps. -NT - (Ashton)
         Note Dame fire - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Ten years to restore it - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 With ND's intense heat though, how much glass is left? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     The three rose windows are intact-ish. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Associative disaster ('s? maybe) The Lead/Pb==Plumbum==that hideous element when in tykes' brainz - (Ashton)
         An eloquent Mea Culpa heard on npr/Hear & Now this AM.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             ~200 years ago - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Yah, further clarification of the definition of 'a tragedy' ... - (Ashton)
         Must be a bummer . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Bumptious.. LRPD sez - (Ashton)
             "Better than a VBF, any day of the week." -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                 I understood that reference. -NT - (drook)

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, and she's giving me the eye. So I figured, this is my chance for a little fun. You know, piece o' Pisces.
140 ms