IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Indeed.
Cameron caved to the mouth-breathers in his party in having the stupid referendum, and set it up stupidly (moving the UK out should have required substantial majorities in each of the "countries" (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland), not just an overall majority, not just 50% + 1, if the stupid thing were to be held at all).

Plus, having a referendum on such a complex international agreement is stupid to begin with. It wasn't buying a pig in a poke (with all kinds of disinformation from Russian agents and the like), it was buying Pandora's Box. There is no way that voters could make an informed decision about what the changes would entail. Elected representatives have the responsibility to make such decisions and the ability to shape the laws and agreements necessary based on hearings and testimony and evidence and all the rest. Voters simply can't do that in an informed way, and they shouldn't be asked to do so.

It was a disaster from the day that Cameron decided to put it to a vote. And it remains so.

The Parliament should trash May's plan, trash the idea of leaving the EU, and just forget it ever happened. (Being Sovereign, Parliament can do that.) It's the clear, sensible, and obvious solution. But the party leaders are (apparently) too weak to do so.

(sigh)

It's not a failure of Democracy. It's a failure of weak leaders.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Parliament had a chance to nip it in the bud, and passed. The cu-ts.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Brexit short form. Or does democracy actually work to the benefit of anyone? - (mmoffitt) - (21)
         Democracy has certainly yielded some suboptimal results lately - (rcareaga) - (2)
             I don't have any recommendations for a solution. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 natural selection - (rcareaga)
         The Sheeple of the UK got manipulated by Russian disinformation... - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             I've no doubt Russian money played a role there, as here. - (mmoffitt)
             Indeed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Parliament had a chance to nip it in the bud, and passed. The cu-ts. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             ..maybe deeper in the psyche than mere Russky contrivances - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Thoreau rather than Thurber - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Agreed, in restaurants and in third-guessing - (Ashton)
         That's about the size of it - (pwhysall) - (10)
             "All" is a bit harsh, don't you think? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                 Nope - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     What are the chances she wants it to fail so they can pull out of, er, pulling out? -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                         That'd work for me! - (pwhysall)
                         Then why she's so adamant about no second referendum? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             That's what I'm getting at. How much of this is a play? - (malraux) - (1)
                                 If it doesn't pass, Labour's making noises about a No Confidence vote. - (mmoffitt)
                             Because idiot - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Speaking of Sherlock, is there another season on the way? -NT - (drook)
                     I read that a little differently. - (mmoffitt)

Do you plan to call me on your camera next?
81 ms