IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ..maybe deeper in the psyche than mere Russky contrivances
lies the koan; most people live lives of quiet desperation.

(Believe this was first uttered by Thurber, prolly with an accompanying sketch ..maybe even in the '30s (too lazy to search/weed out the pretenders etc.))
Back then they weren't despondent over such matters as Suicide-via-climate ignorance.. yet Mr. Thurber opined what he said; it's gotta be Worse now is all I wot. :-/
New Thoreau rather than Thurber
I’d observe in passing that there’s something to be said for living lives in quiet desperation as opposed to noisy desperation.

desperately,
New Agreed, in restaurants and in third-guessing
(as that second-guess looks none too rosy) by all means let's have quiet ... weltschmerz!

resignedly
/while silently protesting ..they Should have to put up with my pissing & moaning! Because.
     Brexit short form. Or does democracy actually work to the benefit of anyone? - (mmoffitt) - (21)
         Democracy has certainly yielded some suboptimal results lately - (rcareaga) - (2)
             I don't have any recommendations for a solution. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 natural selection - (rcareaga)
         The Sheeple of the UK got manipulated by Russian disinformation... - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             I've no doubt Russian money played a role there, as here. - (mmoffitt)
             Indeed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Parliament had a chance to nip it in the bud, and passed. The cu-ts. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             ..maybe deeper in the psyche than mere Russky contrivances - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Thoreau rather than Thurber - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Agreed, in restaurants and in third-guessing - (Ashton)
         That's about the size of it - (pwhysall) - (10)
             "All" is a bit harsh, don't you think? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                 Nope - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     What are the chances she wants it to fail so they can pull out of, er, pulling out? -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                         That'd work for me! - (pwhysall)
                         Then why she's so adamant about no second referendum? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             That's what I'm getting at. How much of this is a play? - (malraux) - (1)
                                 If it doesn't pass, Labour's making noises about a No Confidence vote. - (mmoffitt)
                             Because idiot - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Speaking of Sherlock, is there another season on the way? -NT - (drook)
                     I read that a little differently. - (mmoffitt)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
90 ms