IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nope
Doing something else would have required a spine, however.

She has decided to champion the one deal that (a) everyone hates and (b) doesn't actually fulfil the remit of the referendum.
New What are the chances she wants it to fail so they can pull out of, er, pulling out?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New That'd work for me!
She was a remainer during the referendum, after all.
New Then why she's so adamant about no second referendum?
Unless she's leaving that for a successor, of course.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New That's what I'm getting at. How much of this is a play?
"Oh, looks like it won't pass the vote. Since a crash exit would be worse, let's ask the public what they think now!"
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New If it doesn't pass, Labour's making noises about a No Confidence vote.
I hear what you're saying, but a second referendum is despised by the Brexiteers who make the somewhat not unreasonable point, "Why should we vote again? They didn't listen to us last time?"
bcnu,
Mikem

New Because idiot
</sherlock_holmes>
New Speaking of Sherlock, is there another season on the way?
--

Drew
New I read that a little differently.
She's decided to champion the one deal that doesn't throw the entire UK into economic disaster.

I reckon that her political double-speak notwithstanding, she thinks satisfying (b) would be bad for your country (as I do) but still wants to tell the brexiteers they're winning; reasoning that if they believed Farage, Johnson and Rees-Mogg, they'll believe anything. She might not be far off if recent polling that the public is behind her is any measure.
bcnu,
Mikem

Brexit short form. Or does democracy actually work to the benefit of anyone? - (mmoffitt) - (21)
         Democracy has certainly yielded some suboptimal results lately - (rcareaga) - (2)
             I don't have any recommendations for a solution. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 natural selection - (rcareaga)
         The Sheeple of the UK got manipulated by Russian disinformation... - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             I've no doubt Russian money played a role there, as here. - (mmoffitt)
             Indeed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Parliament had a chance to nip it in the bud, and passed. The cu-ts. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             ..maybe deeper in the psyche than mere Russky contrivances - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Thoreau rather than Thurber - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Agreed, in restaurants and in third-guessing - (Ashton)
         That's about the size of it - (pwhysall) - (10)
             "All" is a bit harsh, don't you think? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                 Nope - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     What are the chances she wants it to fail so they can pull out of, er, pulling out? -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                         That'd work for me! - (pwhysall)
                         Then why she's so adamant about no second referendum? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             That's what I'm getting at. How much of this is a play? - (malraux) - (1)
                                 If it doesn't pass, Labour's making noises about a No Confidence vote. - (mmoffitt)
                             Because idiot - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Speaking of Sherlock, is there another season on the way? -NT - (drook)
                     I read that a little differently. - (mmoffitt)

It squealed like Steve Ballmer on a canoe trip, unexpectedly pressed into entertaining hillbillies.
64 ms