IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The freelance client is pissed off. So am I.
So I’m putting together this printed event program on a tight deadline. Yesterday the client emails, “Oh, did we say we had X number of Oscar nominees to accommodate? Sorry, we meant X plus who the fuck knows how many.”

I took exception to this in an email. The POC responded: I can not tolerate such language and tone moving forward.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Times past, my employer seconded me to this industry group, and had I offended them like this, it would have occasioned some blowback. Today? I’m a freelancer. I told them that I’m prepared to walk away (the money would be nice, but I don’t need it) if they they like. We’ll see what happens. Blow me.

cordially,
New They probably get that every day as a negotiating tactic
I wonder if they'll be surprised to find that you *genuinely don't* give a fuck.
--

Drew
New Yeah, we’ll see
I truly don’t give a fuck.
New Best advice I ever got working for myself: Sometimes you gotta fire the client.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New re 'I can not tolerate such language and tone moving forward'.
surely a perfect foil from an Irascible-One --> to an Irritated-for-cause-One.. ...
(Wish I'd seen your text; prolly a few useful phrases there) Sorry, but:
;^>

Does not a One instantly despise that "moving forward" class of biz-speak?
New All is forgiven
“Keep your money,” I told them. “No charge for the work done thus far. Good luck getting someone to put this together in Word, because I happen to know that’s all you got” (less acerbic in the actual communiqué).

I added, more tactfully, that we all wanted the same objective, a professional-looking printed product. Acknowledged that my language had been intemperate, adding that this was because I held myself to the same high standards to which (laying it on with a trowel) the industry group holds itself. Repeated, with a friendly shrug, that we could part amicably.

The figleaf was of sufficient surface area for the other side to fold itself face-savingly beneath it. And so to work.

cordially,
     Back in the saddle again, except… - (rcareaga) - (11)
         Try a Kensington expert mouse - (crazy)
         Could/would you? possibly entertain - (Ashton) - (2)
             My wrist starts to bother me if I mouse/trackball too much. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I can't use the small ones - (crazy)
         The freelance client is pissed off. So am I. - (rcareaga) - (5)
             They probably get that every day as a negotiating tactic - (drook) - (2)
                 Yeah, we’ll see - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Best advice I ever got working for myself: Sometimes you gotta fire the client. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             re 'I can not tolerate such language and tone moving forward'. - (Ashton)
             All is forgiven - (rcareaga)
         two speeds: stall and afterburners - (rcareaga)

Hitotsu, futatsu, mittsu, yottsu.
74 ms