IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "le mot juste" precísamente [Ed: blongs under Rand's nonpareil phrase/bad moi.]
(phrases too..)

One wag asserts,
Flaubert spent his life agonizing over "le mot juste." Now Madame Bovary is available in 20 different crappy English translations,
so now it doesn't really make a damn bit of difference.

(but I digress and disagree, anyway.)
Collapse Edited by Ashton Nov. 14, 2017, 07:39:22 PM EST
"le mot juste" precísamente
(phrases too..)

One wag asserts,
Flaubert spent his life agonizing over "le mot juste." Now Madame Bovary is available in 20 different crappy english translations,
so now it doesn't really make a damn bit of difference.

(but I digress and disagree, anyway.)
     Kotkin’s Stalin bio, volumes 1 & 2 - (rcareaga) - (14)
         do you have a link to a point of sale? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Denial is not a river in Brazil, if you catch my meaning. -NT - (rcareaga)
         The man was evil personified. - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
             The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy, nothing more -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 But not what Radio Moscow was saying at the time. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Fake news! -NT - (drook)
             Pole-axed - (rcareaga)
             Some of the reverence Stalin still enjoys, while I disagree whole-heartedly, I understand. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Stalinist cost-benefit - (rcareaga) - (4)
                     He had his breakdown. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         I know that story - (rcareaga)
                         "le mot juste" precísamente [Ed: blongs under Rand's nonpareil phrase/bad moi.] - (Ashton)
                     A brilliant description: "appalled respect." Exactly my sense of the man. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         a prophecy - (rcareaga)

And she wasn't kidding, either, 'cause in came the biggest, meanest looking haddock I'd ever seen come down the pike. He was covered with mussels.
39 ms