IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: She calls herself Rodham. HTH. Toddler.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/a-short-history-of-hillary-rodham-clintons-name/418029/
By the time Hillary Clinton ran for president in 2008, she had almost entirely dropped “Rodham;” she appeared on primary ballots as “Hillary Clinton.” As in 2000, her signs read “Hillary”; her website lived at hillaryclinton.com. In discussions of the race in the media (including here) she is referred to simply as “Hillary Clinton,” “Hillary,” or “Clinton.” The super PAC supporting her was “Ready for Hillary.” Her presidential campaign now calls itself “Hillary for America,” and her logo is a simple H with an arrow. As the Times notes, “Hillary Clinton” is also the name the candidate has used in filing for the ballot this year. (As Hadas Gold notes, however, aides often refer to her as “HRC.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/19/the-fascinating-history-of-when-hillary-clinton-has-chosen-to-use-her-maiden-name/
Well, it seems that when Clinton feels that a more traditional naming pattern might be a matter of protocol or politically advantageous -- capable of helping her play down the traits for which she is most often criticized -- she is Hillary Clinton. But when Clinton is operating in the private sector or safely ensconced in a public service position where there was no risk of voter backlash, she's Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Sometimes it's Hillary Rodham Clinton, sometimes it's just Hillary Clinton. Usually it's just Hillary. She never calls herself Hillary Rodham any more.

[edit]

Oh, and to be clear: Whether a woman chooses to take her husband's name or not is none of my business, and unless I'm an asshole I honor her choice. As a politician, she has recognized that there are assholes in the world who think they get to have an opinion, and those assholes vote.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Nov. 22, 2016, 01:35:32 PM EST
New So you're good with her being coerced into calling herself Clinton. Got it.
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New I'm good with her deciding what she wants to be called
--

Drew
New "being coerced into calling herself Clinton"
You must be mistaken. You've been telling us all year that HRC is an unreconstructed Goldwater Girl. No Goldwater Girl would require so much as a calorie of coercion, once entered into holy matrimony, to assume her owner's name. That she did not do so at once we are obliged to assume was due to entirely to absent-mindedness rather than to any so-called "feminist" consideration, which would of course be quite inconsistent with the 1964 GOP worldview from which, as you have tirelessly reminded us these many months, she has never deviated one whit.

cordially,
New I actually feel a little sorrow for her in that regard.
No one, not even a detractor like myself, could possibly be anything other than inspired by her undergraduate graduation speech. I see her ultimately succumbing to the pressure of reactionaries in Arkansas to stop using her maiden name as the first step in a long journey to return her to her Goldwater roots. I would have loved for her to have been our 42nd President instead of the toad to which she was and is married. But that was before she ran headlong into the owners of this country when she tried to give us universal healthcare. That, I believe, was the final nail in her undergraduate discovered progressive tendencies. She, quite simply, had those progressive tendencies beaten out of her beginning with the coerced name change and culminating in the horror show that was the big insurance, big pharma, and bankster attacks on healthcare reform that worked so well with the marching morons of this country. It was then, I believe, she decided to return to her Goldwateran roots. More is the pity. She could have been great.
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Nov. 23, 2016, 10:54:14 AM EST
New Who are you, and what have you done with mmoffitt?
--

Drew
New :0)
bcnu,
Mikem

Christopher Hitchens.
     Would Sanders have won against Trump? - (pwhysall) - (29)
         Probably the most concise version that story can be -NT - (drook)
         Kurt doesn't pull any punches. - (Another Scott)
         Establishment Media Publishes Establishment Horseshit. Film at 11. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
             Still wearing the AFBHDB, I see. - (pwhysall) - (23)
                 You think giving her 400+ delegates out of the gate didn't help her? - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                     They weren't "given" to her, she earned their support. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                         s/Bernie/We and you're right. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                             When's Bernie going to release his tax returns? - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                 "she couldn't be more transparent" - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Who is "they". - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: but if it involves a Clinton, it's never enough... - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     It's never enough for you and people like you - (drook) - (12)
                                         You mean people who can comprehend facts? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                             Not how I remember it - (drook) - (10)
                                                 You could not be more wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                     Thought experiment - (drook) - (8)
                                                         She calls herself Rodham. HTH. Toddler. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                             Re: She calls herself Rodham. HTH. Toddler. - (drook) - (6)
                                                                 So you're good with her being coerced into calling herself Clinton. Got it. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                     I'm good with her deciding what she wants to be called -NT - (drook)
                                                                     "being coerced into calling herself Clinton" - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                                         I actually feel a little sorrow for her in that regard. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                             Who are you, and what have you done with mmoffitt? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                 :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     and how about when she held a gun to my head? - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         only one dog? she must have been slipping -NT - (boxley)
         another view "She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second." - (boxley)
         LRPD grades the thread: 'Three cheers for literacy... I feel sick.' :-0 -NT - (Ashton)

You are so wrong philosophers weep at the sound of your voice.
120 ms