IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New my brother in law worked will hillary back in the day on the original plan
we would all carry an id card in our wallet which will have embedded info about our health care needs/requirements that would be presented to a phycisian of choice with zero co-pays. When I explained that as a Native American they are used to having the government track and use that info the average Joe schmoo would resist like you were going to tattooo 666 on their foreheads. So yes, hillary back in the day was for a single payer program. But as you all keep reminding me people change so no doubt her position has been nuanced.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New People are afraid of change, especially when politicians ramp up irrational fears.
I remember fears about National ID Cards too, growing up. But people get over it, over time. And many of those who pushed the fears, are the same people pushing the need for all kinds of government ID cards to vote, to collect benefits, to enroll your kids in school, etc., etc. There wasn't much of an outcry about enhanced drivers licenses after 9/11 (that I recall anyway, other than the cost).

People who have passports don't worry that Big Government is going to come and arrest them or something.

People who put their bank info and everything else on their iPhones don't seem to worry too much about having a standard way to store that information. People who track their every step with a FitBit don't seem to worry about having all that information recorded on the Cloud somewhere. People who send a vial of spit off to 23AndMe don't seem to worry about giving up their DNA.

Yeah, there are differences between private entities and The Government. But The Government isn't an all-seeing-eye that Knows Everything About You. It's a bunch of separate walled-off fiefdoms that are very protective of their turf. The FBI hates the CIA. The CIA hates the NSA. The TSA hates everyone. ;-)

Fears of an ID card being misused are overblown. But fears that ID card access requirements will disenfranchise people, prevent them getting benefits, etc., etc. are valid and must be addressed.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yep, she's evolved.
In 1994, when advocating for comprehensive health care reform as first lady, Clinton told reporters that if Congress didn't pass a reform bill that year, the nation would eventually embrace a single-payer plan.

"If, for whatever reason, the Congress doesn't pass health care reform, I believe, and I may be to totally off base on this, but I believe that by the year 2000 we will have a single payer system," she said. " I don't even think it's a close call politically. I think the momentum for a single payer system will sweep the country... It will be such a huge popular issue... that even if it's not successful the first time, it will eventually be."

But then big Insurance and the banks started paying her millions in "speaking fees" and today she says ...
"I want you to understand why I am fighting so hard for the Affordable Care Act," she said at Grand View University after hearing from a woman who spoke about her daughter receiving cancer treatment thanks to the health care law. "I don't want it repealed, I don't want us to be thrown back into a terrible, terrible national debate. I don't want us to end up in gridlock. People can't wait!"

She added, "People who have health emergencies can't wait for us to have a theoretical debate about some better idea that will never, ever come to pass."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-single-payer-health-care-will-never-ever-happen/

From "inevitable" to "pie in the sky" and it only cost the corporations affected a few million. Very good deal for them.
     One for MM: Drum - Why I never warmed to Bernie - (Another Scott) - (39)
         Substitute Sanders for McMurphy - (dmcarls) - (2)
             Who's Chief Bromden? Hillary? ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I have met the late Will Sampson, Hillary is no chief, although she could play for charleston -NT - (boxley)
         Should be titled, "Establishment Asshat Doesn't Like to be Reminded of Democratic Principles" - (mmoffitt) - (34)
             "Shills"? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Good $DEITY. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     That's one way to answer the question. -NT - (pwhysall)
             How often do people bother to change their party registration? - (Another Scott) - (30)
                 Heh. I lost the only bet I ever made on an election. - (mmoffitt) - (29)
                     Yet you're convinced they agree with you about Hillary vs Donnie? >:-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (28)
                         I don't think they agree with me. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                             Eh? - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                 Not much difference that I can see. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                     Oh well. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         How many Independents are there today? How many closed primaries? - (mmoffitt)
                                         And Bernie did get Hillary to adopt a lot of his policies. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             vote for bernie, that race is in a statistical dead heat, the greasy rat wont win -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Thanks, will do. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     Your predictions are duly noted - (rcareaga) - (17)
                                         Two things. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                             "Should be" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 my brother in law worked will hillary back in the day on the original plan - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     People are afraid of change, especially when politicians ramp up irrational fears. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Yep, she's evolved. - (mmoffitt)
                                             No deal - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                                 "Untethered from reality"? - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                                     Reality and its tethers - (rcareaga)
                                                     Re: "Untethered from reality"? - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                         she got $275k per speech just because? She wasn't running for anything? cmon Man :-) - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             I thought it was $20B per speech. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                 that is what GS gets after she is elected -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Unreasonable demands? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             She . was . a . private . citizen . at . the . time. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                 Dude, I don't care about her speeches to workers. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                     Glass Steagal didn't apply to AIG, CountryWide, Lehman, etc. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         Good $DEITY. Now we're down to old Clinton Campaign nonsense. - (mmoffitt)
                             Wait a minute here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 At first I thought he would bring a revolution. - (mmoffitt)
         this is clinton's america, special interest buy you! -NT - (boxley)

Crap shoot and intuition then.
156 ms