Thanks for the excerpts - which are enough to see the Next techno- unintended consequence: Happy Surgery! (or 'treatment' via natch, Expen$ive New Pharm-Chem -- needing frequent .nyet-style 'maintenance dosage' ... Inevitable!)

Honey, did you forget to pay the rent again?
No, Sweetums.. but I was feeling a little well... less than ecstatic about life n'stuff yesterday - so I Needed a little boost in my Soma-injector fanny-pack.

Not to worry though {worry is a Negative thing, Sweetums} I've already filled the UAV's 30 gallon tank on the CC, and that will keep us moving for at least 3 days...

(OK small exaggeration - the 30 gallons might not go much over 2 days - it's a new Navigator, after all... on 72-month lease)

Nothing unexpected in the above, though it is a jarring reminder of the fragility of such visceral matters as "feeling In-love\ufffd" (?) and other stuff which we would really Not Like to think deeply about. Ever.

{sigh}

When I hear 'progress reports' of this ilk, my association naturally goes ---> the Myth of Atlantis, the self-perpetuating denouement where random techno change for mere "thoughtless instant *profit", is said to lead.

* profit? - maybe also amusement? instant gratification because You Can? There may be other qualifiers re the Atlantis 'conditions'.

Once started (this inexorable process?) - I know of no counter-myth which provides for a wise "backing-out with grace" ... ... for a few decades of contemplation re, quo vadis.

(And I ain't smart enough to invent one, I see.)

Ashton