IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You know full well where I stand on free speech.
And they know on that board as well. I've agreed to meet them halfway, for the time being. That is to say, to exercize a certain subtlety, perhaps even sneakiness. To find and exploit any loopholes in the law. I consider it a challenge.

All things considered, it's a lot less bad than the Jacobin mob censorship on K5. But IWETHEY is better still. If only IWETHEY were much bigger (and otherwise unchanged) I might never go anywhere else.

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New keep spreading the word
do you link back to here when you post elsewhere?
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New I did once, but hesistate to do it regularly.
I'm not sure they'd be able to take the heat here. We're a self-selecting group, and they're another self-selecting group, and the criteria are different. As screamer pointed out, they're a bit, um, thin skinned. I have to tone my style *way* down there.

Besides, a lot of what we say here would just whoosh right over their heads. They're not geeks. They don't really grok the computer subculture.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New Minor definition quibble..
Recall that geek (or nerd, boffin in UK, brain yada yada) are all pejoratives - signifying (in US at least) an underlying and traditional anti-intellectualism in the mass. Whether from a kind of envy or more likely - a sense of 'weirdness' = "I can't understand what these folks Do with their brains! But they ain't Like Me":

It ain't about "computers" or IT - it's about Everything which is more complex than, Push to turn on, and the fact that Some folks know what that switch started 'happening'.

(Methinks there's also a lot of other visceral freight within the Murican-variety of this Me/Them dichotomy, but that's for some Psych. thread.)

Ashton
New Oddly enough - agreement :-\ufffd
If it's subversive to undermine those who would undermine all-the-rest, let the annual Subversion Medal awards begin.

(Motif: a dragon is depicted, guarding his trove of maidens and gold - as a sneaky guy neatly severs his gonads - with a sharpened quill-pen ;-)

Besides - it's bloody traditional. 'Member Dick Tuck, holding up that sign at Nixon rallies?

What About The Hughes Loan ???

OK - be sure to wear fatigues, keep shoes shined and quote George Patton where appropriate.

Ashton
New Update: I think I'm gonna get kicked off soon.
I took a position in favor of business practises being constrained by basic ethical considerations, and discovered that Mr. Fallin takes a dim view of such a thing. It got a little pointed. Oh, well.
New You tried!!!
The problem with groups like that, is you don't really know what's in the Kool Aid until it's too late.

This here newsgroup, this is the REAL America, with all us buffoons standing on our soapboxes shouting eachother down. This is what I believe the founding fathers had in mind :-) (twisted bastards!)

As I said in another post in this thread, I've unknowing gone onto boards like that which were "moderated"... I seriously have never seen anything like the rules on that board stated upfront... I have to give the board credit, they aren't coy or shy about who's welcome. In a way, I wish most "moderated" boards that operate in the same way would just copy his rules...

The good news is, once a board like that gets to selective, it slowly dies off.

Jim - See the news?
Bob - Saw it.
Jim - Think we out to bomb them?
Bob - Yep
Jim - Yep
Bob - Yep
Jim - Yep
Bob - Think I hear the kids... Elvis special on
Jim - Yep
Bob - Yep

It's always good to have someone to argue with if your going to have a discussion board.

Dan - Yep
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

P. Townshend - Won't Get Fooled Again
     Americans think Americans have poor morals - (marlowe) - (20)
         Worse? - (Brandioch)
         It just figures - (orion)
         Of course morals in this country suck! - (boxley) - (2)
             Career Upper Income Parents - (orion)
             As above so below. - (Ashton)
         What can we say, we got no respect for iselfs - (screamer) - (14)
             The mission statement sounds religious in nature - (boxley) - (1)
                 Mega dittos, Bill... - (screamer)
             Land of milk and honey, streets paved with gold - (orion) - (3)
                 All systems are corrupt. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     They want, or THEY want? - (orion) - (1)
                         Both - (Brandioch)
             You know full well where I stand on free speech. - (marlowe) - (6)
                 keep spreading the word - (boxley) - (2)
                     I did once, but hesistate to do it regularly. - (marlowe) - (1)
                         Minor definition quibble.. - (Ashton)
                 Oddly enough - agreement :-\ufffd - (Ashton)
                 Update: I think I'm gonna get kicked off soon. - (marlowe) - (1)
                     You tried!!! - (screamer)
             My take on that quote - (ben_tilly)

You can't polish a turd.
101 ms