IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.
The former leaders seemed to have been playing both sides for a while. The people in the square seem to have finally gotten tired of it.

Cheers,
Scott.
New the other people in the other square, likewise
that appears to be the issue here. Kiev is not Simferapol, and the people in the latter city do not wish to pull their forelocks in Kiev's direction any longer. Or do they have no rights except those dictated by Kiev?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Dunno.
It's mysterious, though, that the demand to be part of Russia only blew up after Russia invaded...

The way out of this is to get everyone together and to talk about it. Demands for splitting up the country isn't a sensible solution. (E.g. water and [power] for Crimea apparently comes from the mainland.)

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott March 6, 2014, 10:56:58 PM EST
New well it is a legitimately elected government there
no overthrows needed. They had almost true autonomy before the crisis and feel that their needs would be better met by Moscow than Kiev, with the economic uncertainty and draconian monetary policy that will be imposed by the west it may be the best move.

Nit Russia did not invade, they were already there
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
Expand Edited by boxley March 6, 2014, 10:31:29 PM EST
New According to the agreement, Russian troops were limited.
http://www.kyivpost....ating-338358.html

Germany has troops at Dulles Airport - http://wikimapia.org...ces-Command-US-CA That doesn't mean they can surround Fort Meade.

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re:Nit Russia did not invade
Bullshit!

Per BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/n...d-europe-26415508
Under the terms of its agreement with Ukraine, Russia is entitled to have 25,000 troops on the peninsula and currently has an estimated 16,000 deployed there. But these troops have to remain on base. Pro-Russian troops have been deployed across Crimea. Moscow insists they are local self-defence forces, but there are widespread reports that they are from Russia.
And that's a *Navy* base! The fact that the uniforms of the armed goons running around Crimea have no insignia is an admission they are in violation and know it. Some admit to being Russian soldiers.

My Viking River cruise ship in July of 2012 stayed in the Sevastopol Russian Navy base. My primary tour guide was Russian lady who was an English instructor to Russian officers (and on maternity leave). Her husband was a Russian officer (along with the baby) we briefly met. There were not that many people there and the ones I saw were sailors.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New you have to take last centuries turmoil into consideration
Stalin Killed millions of Ukrainians during the 20 to collectivize their lands. As a consequence many folks rejoiced when the germans invaded and supported them wholeheartedly. The facists returned the favor to the Russians in the crimea and elsewhere. The great patriotic war swung the balance the other way again. The Russ of the crimea and east have long memories. The Ukrainians of the west have long memories as well. It is not as cut and dried as the Administration would like to make it.
     Referendum in Crimea vote moved to 3/16. - (mmoffitt) - (45)
         Yeah, and what could possibly go wrong? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             And visits to ensure everyone exercises his voting rights. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Russian yes, Tatar no. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Re: Most Ukranians can read Russian well enough - (mmoffitt)
                 Tartars have standing to the extent that their protected - (boxley)
         EU no likey. Warns of sanctions. - (Another Scott) - (22)
             EU likes to stay warm in winter -NT - (boxley) - (21)
                 Spring is coming. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                     That's good. - (mmoffitt)
                     nah, he's keeping it - (crazy)
                     clear, levelheaded understanding of the issues - (boxley) - (17)
                         Thanks, but meh. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                             what you have there is Kurds and Arabs for an anology - (boxley) - (11)
                                 It's the Russians who are refusing to talk at the moment. -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                     hardly, an agreement was reached and signed - (boxley) - (9)
                                         Meh. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                             see you a Meh and raise you a feh :-) - (boxley) - (7)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                     the other people in the other square, likewise - (boxley) - (5)
                                                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             well it is a legitimately elected government there - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 According to the agreement, Russian troops were limited. - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Re:Nit Russia did not invade - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                     you have to take last centuries turmoil into consideration - (boxley)
                         Oversimplification. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             te Zaporozhye Cossacks prefer? hint they used to sack poland -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Bull. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     sorry my historical references are impeccable :-) - (boxley)
         I see no good options from here - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Yes, that Kerry line seemed scripted for a rebirth of - (Ashton)
         Yes, or Yes? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Do I espy some new Repo election rules.. from the House? -NT - (Ashton)
             Ha! A good old fashioned Soviet ballot! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Digital Globe photos of Russian forces massing. - (Another Scott) - (11)
             Nice! - (folkert) - (7)
                 :) - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                     10-15 cm resolution on a good day? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Re: 10-15 cm resolution on a good day? - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                             Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Can hardly wait for the infant-implants.. Next-gen, - (Ashton)
                             #1358 - (Another Scott)
                         Untraceable hearsay of course, but the quip re Hubble optics - (Ashton)
             About time some of our Spook-techno gets used - (Ashton)
             Re: Digital Globe photos of Russian forces massing. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 :-) You folks are doing a great job. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Know what's better than being born on third base? Being born in the owner's box.
129 ms