IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh.. multitasking at its best.
(When I first hit The Lab, I built a simple slope-detector FM receiver--kinda proof-of concept, as opposed to ratio-detectors and more sophisticated higher-fi stuff.
Magick when you double-check wiring, power it up and--hear MUSIC. Students should love this. Maybe a simplest possible FM 'slope' demo--to get them hooked on grokking to Fullness, later?

I, prolly more than you, Miss Heathkit; their last-days test eq. (like a fine scope calibrator)--which I used in pref. to the more elegant Tek model. Similarly (but way earlier) still have two IP-8s, the tiny op-amp based 500 mA PSs.. first one is now >40 bloody-years old; even the caps are still fine!
Lotta stuff has come and gone since my first demo-unit Tek 503--500 kHz scope.

Never ƒeare re 'obsession' over some Perfect/perfectly tweaked browser (or slavish reading of Logs, for that matter ). I took Safari for granted All THIS TIME, and until recently:
it did all I (cared enough to want to do with it) just Fine. Without any under-hood attention at all.
Muscle-memory: It Knows! now instinctively how to navigate S. and ... *sheer sloth* does Not wish to relearn a New Set/layout, to some Other designer's preferences
--unless and until I Have To. [Hey, it's Still working just now!]

(And yes-- still amazed at how self-healing IS OS X, thus far): I now also take That for granted, but will still periodically look at some of the data, for that time [possibly never?]
when I might need to compare what Normal was / and what then: Ain't any more. I call that merely.. prudence--remember that word?

I'll never encounter a tiny fraction of the lore you've accumulated, apparently also needing-to--given the responsibilities Corp X *would* lay on you [I surmise.]
Anyway, 'tinkering with the machine' is not now any fun, as maybe it was for a time in PDP-8 daze.
So I *really* don't look into this box for amusement/amazement nowadays: I do that for pure/simple C.Y.A.

Clear? Glad to hear the 454 is meeting its pedigree--it may outlive us both, eh?
Pity you don't need a 400MHz 7854 Analog-with-Digital Storage (really more: rise-time == 550 pSec!) box. [Have a 50 pSec TD-Tek generator]
Complete w/keyboard for running scripts to automate things like 'rise-time'.
Prolly not much related to printing projects (yet?) and a bit complex for basic instruction purposes. Nevertheless--a truly Magick-box.
(Actually there are 2 of these {sigh})

All my stuff will be on the block soon; not likely much/any? of it will go to wannabe EEs, as I previously intended. Seems that few Muricans want to work that hard or deeply, when MBA mills are all around.
Gawd, imagine a 'liff' in Finance! [I couldn't. Ever.]

Your neurons are safe--all the above will keep them busily engaged, which also seems the only way to keep them Alive.

Ed: PS

Anyone in your bailiwick interested in running a under-the-radar FM-stereo broadcast station? I have the once state/art Sound Technology 1000A FM Alignment Generator,
one in mint condition/cosmetics as well. Add whatever power amp from the latest crop:
you're ON AIR. With classical-music-grade super-low distortion. Just a thought.
One modestly small black box w/meter and atten down to a fraction of a μV.
Collapse Edited by Ashton July 20, 2013, 02:07:09 AM EDT
Heh.. multitasking at its best.
(When I first hit The Lab, I built a simple slope-detector FM receiver--kinda proof-of concept, as opposed to ratio-detectors and more sophisticated higher-fi stuff.
Magick when you double-check wiring, power it up and--hear MUSIC. Students should love this. Maybe a simplest possible FM 'slope' demo--to get them hooked on grokking to Fullness, later?

I, prolly more than you, Miss Heathkit; their last-days test eq. (like a fine scope calibrator)--which I used in pref. to the more elegant Tek model. Similarly (but way earlier) still have two IP-8s, the tiny op-amp based 500 mA PSs.. first one is now >40 bloody-years old; even the caps are still fine!
Lotta stuff has come and gone since my first demo-unit Tek 503--500 kHz scope.

Never ƒeare re 'obsession' over some Perfect/perfectly tweaked browser (or slavish reading of Logs, for that matter ). I took Safari for granted All THIS TIME, and until recently:
it did all I (cared enough to want to do with it) just Fine. Without any under-hood attention at all.
Muscle-memory: It Knows! now instinctively how to navigate S. and ... *sheer sloth* does Not wish to relearn a New Set/layout, to some Other designer's preferences
--unless and until I Have To. [Hey, it's Still working just now!]

(And yes-- still amazed at how self-healing IS OS X, thus far): I now also take That for granted, but will still periodically look at some of the data, for that time [possibly never?]
when I might need to compare what Normal was / and what then: Ain't any more. I call that merely.. prudence--remember that word?

I'll never encounter a tiny fraction of the lore you've accumulated, apparently also needing-to--given the responsibilities Corp X *would* lay on you [I surmise.]
Anyway, 'tinkering with the machine' is not now any fun, as maybe it was for a time in PDP-8 daze.
So I *really* don't look into this box for amusement/amazement nowadays: I do that for pure/simple C.Y.A.

Clear? Glad to hear the 454 is meeting its pedigree--it may outlive us both, eh?
Pity you don't need a 400MHz 7854 Analog-with-Digital Storage (really more: rise-time == 550 pSec!) box. [Have a 50 pSec TD-Tek generator]
Complete w/keyboard for running scripts to automate things like 'rise-time'.
Prolly not much related to printing projects (yet?) and a bit complex for basic instruction purposes. Nevertheless--a truly Magick-box.
(Actually there are 2 of these {sigh})

All my stuff will be on the block soon; not likely much/any? of it will go to wannabe EEs, as I previously intended. Seems that few Muricans want to work that hard or deeply, when MBA mills are all around.
Gawd, imagine a 'liff' in Finance! [I couldn't. Ever.]

Your neurons are safe--all the above will keep them busily engaged, which also seems the only way to keep them Alive.
     yan OS X Update, 03! + 'Cocoa Cookies' cute ... but also mum - (Ashton) - (7)
         Sorry you're still fighting with these things. - (Another Scott)
         FYI... - (folkert) - (5)
             But.. but now ... it's getting Interesting! - (Ashton) - (4)
                 The tracking is being done... - (folkert) - (3)
                     Heh.. multitasking at its best. - (Ashton)
                     Link or two. - (static) - (1)
                         See what you mean re. ... have Patience.. - (Ashton)

He's dead, Jim.
39 ms