IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hourly wages
Yes and no. You know what you are getting paid. You should (and I know I do) look at both my company (and others) to find out what salary they're paying for job (X) where X can be welders | sharepoint admins | etc.
New Re: Hourly wages
I can only guess at what my company is offering for Sharepoint admins because they post the position on various Internet job boards without providing any identification as to who is posting the job.

as to what they are paying now, that will require the Sharepoint admin to tell me what he's making - and that ain't gonna happen! (Just like I'm not telling him how much I make!)

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New why not? That is how the coprs turn the screws
make payroll a big sekrut.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New THIS
That's very divide and conquer. Not sharing your salary with your colleagues is how they get away with discrimination, based on whatever.
New I doubt very much that your coworkers
know what your salary is. Ditto for every other member of this community. In fact, at more than one of my past employers among the pile of papers that I signed on my first day there was a legal document ordering me to NOT share my salary info with other employees under penalty of immediate termination.

That's how the corporations win.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Yeah, see
I'm in Canada, which is a different legal jurisdiction. A clause saying you can't discuss how much money you and your colleagues are getting is unenforceable here, and attempting to enforce it will only earn the employer large penalties after the labour board hearing and the consequent lawsuit.

Something about speech, assembly, and association rights. They are the underpinnings of labour unions... if you hate unions, you must necessarily hate civll liberties. WDYHASM? :D
New The only salaries we knew at work were the Canadians
Because they were here on visas, and the visa law stated that you had to post a job opening with the exact salary before giving it to a worker on a visa (or something like that). And since the job description was fairly specific, everyone knew what the higher-up Canadians were making.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I have seen those, wont sign them
they dont want to hire me fine. At the last two gigs including this one I had to have them make contract modifications to take the BS out
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Yeah, I've done the same
but not a whole lot in job negotiations. I've done it a LOT with leases for apartments though. You sit down with the landlord or their agent and the proposed lease and a red pen, and strike through the clauses while muttering "unenforceable, unenforceable, unenforceable..." If they don't want me after that, then fuck 'em, there are other places to live. Interestingly enough, that only cost me a place once. I pretty much knew it would; I'm familiar with the landlord and knew that she wouldn't like that, but wanted to do it anyway to make a point to her (yeah... small city here).
     re Driftglass's "Jobs" post - (Another Scott) - (21)
         Re: re Driftglass's "Jobs" post - (dmcarls) - (7)
             you dont understand - (boxley) - (2)
                 You do realize that governments create money, no? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     yes, Zimbabwe and Weimar come to mind -NT - (boxley)
             dupe - (boxley)
             What do you think it would cost ... - (drook) - (1)
                 triple tarp but a much better investment -NT - (boxley)
             Things like those done after earlier recessions. - (Another Scott)
         It's getting worse, rather than better. - (hnick) - (1)
             Thanks for helping out. - (Another Scott)
         Re: re Driftglass's "Jobs" post - (lincoln) - (10)
             True. Good point. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Hourly wages - (S1mon_Jester) - (8)
                 Re: Hourly wages - (lincoln) - (7)
                     why not? That is how the coprs turn the screws - (boxley) - (6)
                         THIS - (jake123) - (5)
                             I doubt very much that your coworkers - (lincoln) - (4)
                                 Yeah, see - (jake123) - (1)
                                     The only salaries we knew at work were the Canadians - (malraux)
                                 I have seen those, wont sign them - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Yeah, I've done the same - (jake123)