IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's getting worse, rather than better.
My wife and I did our usual Thanksgiving cooking gig at the church. We missed last year since I was recovering from back surgery. There have been some changes. The church is now hooked up with the Cleveland Foodbank and they do several meals a week now. There are fewer volunteers and the need for them has increased. At the beginning of the month, they feed about 75 people; at the end of the month it's up to 150 or so. This is because people on social security and the middle wage earners are out of money and go to these places to get a meal. There are only so many hours a day one can work even if the low paying jobs exist. I'm working for what I made in 1995 and I'm very grateful to have the job. I know of one guy who came from to Cleveland to get a job as a welder, and he's hired on as permanent part time (read no benefits.) Something has to change. 30,000 instances of abuse of employees isn't helpful.
New Thanks for helping out.
It's very good of you and your wife to help your neighbors like that.

We give what we can, in cash and in food drives, but don't do the actual hands-on work. Folks like you do the heavy lifting, and see the heartache first hand. It must be very hard, even with the satisfaction you get of helping those in need.

I'm convinced things will get better in the coming 4 years (as long as Europe and China don't blow up), but it will continue to be a long slog. Hang in there, and thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
     re Driftglass's "Jobs" post - (Another Scott) - (21)
         Re: re Driftglass's "Jobs" post - (dmcarls) - (7)
             you dont understand - (boxley) - (2)
                 You do realize that governments create money, no? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     yes, Zimbabwe and Weimar come to mind -NT - (boxley)
             dupe - (boxley)
             What do you think it would cost ... - (drook) - (1)
                 triple tarp but a much better investment -NT - (boxley)
             Things like those done after earlier recessions. - (Another Scott)
         It's getting worse, rather than better. - (hnick) - (1)
             Thanks for helping out. - (Another Scott)
         Re: re Driftglass's "Jobs" post - (lincoln) - (10)
             True. Good point. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Hourly wages - (S1mon_Jester) - (8)
                 Re: Hourly wages - (lincoln) - (7)
                     why not? That is how the coprs turn the screws - (boxley) - (6)
                         THIS - (jake123) - (5)
                             I doubt very much that your coworkers - (lincoln) - (4)
                                 Yeah, see - (jake123) - (1)
                                     The only salaries we knew at work were the Canadians - (malraux)
                                 I have seen those, wont sign them - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Yeah, I've done the same - (jake123)

Rooms were made for carpets, towers made for spires. Ships were made for cannonade to fire off from inside them.
47 ms