IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Would you prefer your wife stand to profit from your death?
"Honey, this casserole tastes different someho - URK!"
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New Yes I would
and she is the sole beneficiary of my life insurance policy. I can change that at any time, if I so choose. And she can take out a policy on me, without my knowledge, because she has a vested interest in me as the finanical provider for her and her children. If we divorce, I can have that information brought out into the open, and I can even demand that the policy be turned over to me.

One thing that I think the story alludes to is the possibility that the policies stay in effect EVEN AFTER you leave Wal-Mart's employ. Why should they profit from your death, when they no longer have any type of attachment to you as an individual? Don't forget, they got caught lying to a widow, first about even having the policy, and then secondly, about the value of the policy.

Oh, and what about the TAX BREAK they received by taking out a life insurance policy on an employee? It may be legal from an accounting standpoint, but it sure is (to me) unethical to reduce your bottom line by insuring an employee without telling him/her and not provoding any benefits to the widow when it comes time to cash in.

lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New Reminds me of the "birthday dirge". :)
Your servants steal
Your wife's untrue
Your children plot to murder you.

Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday.

:)

But, anyway, yes. You see, if someone dies of strange causes, the spouse may be a suspect. And, it is easy to find out if the spouse gets a big insurance payoff.

Now, if the company I work for is carrying a policy, will anyone know?

And it doesn't have to be outright murder. Simply being sufficiently negligent should, statistically, result in a profit.

And if it doesn't, well, they've already saved money by being negligent.

Mo' Money!
Mo' Money!
Mo' Money!

So, the key is to remove any profit from my death. Therefore, if I haven't taken out a policy and named them as recipient OR I don't owe them money and insurance is part of the contract THEN they should not be allowed to profit from my death.
     Walmart profits over employee's death - (SpiceWare) - (19)
         Posting full story for archival purposes - (lincoln) - (1)
             Anyone needing further proof about Corporate sociopathy? - (Ashton)
         Surely this is a no-brainer !!! - (dmarker2) - (12)
             Except for this one quote - (drewk) - (6)
                 Re: Except for this one quote - (dmarker) - (2)
                     ? - (drewk) - (1)
                         Logins - (dmarker2)
                 Would you prefer your wife stand to profit from your death? - (marlowe) - (2)
                     Yes I would - (lincoln)
                     Reminds me of the "birthday dirge". :) - (Brandioch)
             No-brainer for sure - but exactly the other way around. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Sounds like 'Dennis' is someone you know -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                     Naah, just the canonical example of IT management stupidity. - (CRConrad)
                 Re: but exactly the other way around - Nein, Nyet, No - (dmarker2) - (1)
                     So much for "a nation of laws" - (Ashton)
         Google's "Advance Search" -> "News" doesn't find this story - (lincoln)
         Congressman asks the IRS to investigate this "tax dodge" - (lincoln) - (1)
             Unintended association: with 'e coli'. Smooth move(ment)... - (Ashton)
         from the WSJ, Friday, 4/19/2002 - (lincoln)

It's only Monday, and that is already the dumbest question of the week.
43 ms