IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cunningham's speech was a string of insults
Cunningham's speech was a string of insults directed at Obama. The ones that brought up his connections to questionable people in Chicago where fair game, the mess of personal insults and covert racism not so much. McCain didn't even wait for anybody to object, he rejected the speech on his own before anybody asked him.

And yes, this is different. Should he have said it? No. Is it big enough or important enough or offensive enough to get worked up over? No. Palin's problem was overblown, this one is manufactured out of thin air. The whole thing hinges on miss quoting him to make "take out" sound like a threat when he was clearly talking about voting.

Jay
New So now
way after, the Palin thing was overblown..and that makes this one better...on exactly the same issue.

Someone please tell the folks blaming fox news for making it up that they should be apologizing to Palin and Rush now.

Otherwise, point stands. Man speaking for org with violent history makes violent, war imagery laced speech and since he's a dem, he gets a pass. News at 11. Had the same thing happened at a TP rally...we'd be listening to it again for a month.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Rush deserves it in full
Rush deserves it in full. Here is a typical quote that is carefully designed to be just short of advocating violence.
"The Texans are very patient people, but the real Texans are not the people in that ditch down there. REAL TEXANS are PUTTING ON THEIR CAMOUFLAGE GEAR and getting ready to go out there and GO HUNTING. you know, hunting season is coming up. At some point REAL TEXANS ARE GOING TO GET FED UP WITH WHAT'S GOING ON DOWN THERE and it's going to be REAL FUN TO WATCH, IF YOU GET MY DRIFT, ...a-hem..."

The context for this was Rush talking about Camp Casey, the semi-permanent base for the picketers outside Bush Jr's residence in Texas. He is perfectly clear he isn't talking about counter protests here or something like that. It is however carefully phrased so that he isn't exactly calling for violence.

This is the sort of rhetoric that people should find offensive.

Jay
New Ah..
but a guy (named, by chance, Jimmy Hoffa) saying "take em out"..even couched with the prior sentence of vote...is squeaky clean.

Ok.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Stop trying to make all offenses equivalent
Stop trying to make all offenses equivalent, they are not.

Rush gave an entire paragraph that was a subtle encouragement to violence, Hoffa used a single word that could be construed as violent if you ignored the rest of what he said. As far as offenses go, they are orders of magnitude apart. Hoffa's deserves a quick tsk-tsk at best, Rush's deserves widespread derision and mockery.

Jay
New Precisely.
New Fine
will settle for retraction of every story regarding the target map of sarah palin.

You can have rush.
New BinaryBot is Binary. :-/
New better be binary than 2 faced.
New Re: better be binary than 2 faced.
When you're (binary & biased), you only have one face. It sorta comes with the system...
New much easier
than spending alot of time trying to explain how something exactly the same is somehow different now.

believe a couple of elections ago it was called the flip flop.
New No
It was called rationally processing new information to cause a change in direction, something sane thinking people appreciate.
New only sane people inside the beltway and in the press.
and I think all else have a different idea of sanity.
New now beep you know the rule
if its our guy its totally innocuous, if its your guy he needs to be arrested
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New I know that rule, you know that rule
everyone else here seems to not know that rule.

s'ok. This is one of those times I was referencing a couple of years ago when I mentioned I was going to enjoy this immensely. Yep, now its different (even if it isn't).
New So you finally admit that your guys are Republicans
Bout frickin' time. What took you so long?

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New my guys are the ones who point fingers and laugh
at obama and the republicans as they are both fucking useless except to enrich their benefactors at our expense
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Yep and the really sad thing is.
Both of them have the same benefactors.
New Did anyone reference republicans?
I certainly didn't.

I did say that the change in power was going to change all of your positions..which this latest episode has proven in spades.
     Where's all the faux outrage now? - (beepster) - (42)
         and what were those comments? - (rcareaga) - (5)
             Hoffa's? - (beepster) - (4)
                 Yup, context does matter - (rcareaga) - (3)
                     You don't know the Teamsters - (beepster) - (2)
                         I was a member once, back in the day. And you? -NT - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             oh never mind - (beepster)
         There isn't any reason for outrage - (jay) - (26)
             Interesting - (beepster) - (25)
                 "You can't cut that any differently." - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     On that... - (beepster)
                 You should know better then that - (jay) - (22)
                     covered in a different post - (beepster) - (21)
                         She only got hammered because of the unfortunate connection - (jay) - (20)
                             Continued rationalization - (beepster) - (19)
                                 Cunningham's speech was a string of insults - (jay) - (18)
                                     So now - (beepster) - (17)
                                         Rush deserves it in full - (jay) - (16)
                                             Ah.. - (beepster) - (15)
                                                 Stop trying to make all offenses equivalent - (jay) - (14)
                                                     Precisely. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                     Fine - (beepster) - (12)
                                                         BinaryBot is Binary. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                             better be binary than 2 faced. -NT - (beepster) - (10)
                                                                 Re: better be binary than 2 faced. - (hnick) - (9)
                                                                     much easier - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                         No - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                             only sane people inside the beltway and in the press. - (beepster)
                                                                         now beep you know the rule - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                             I know that rule, you know that rule - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                 So you finally admit that your guys are Republicans - (lincoln) - (3)
                                                                                     my guys are the ones who point fingers and laugh - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                         Yep and the really sad thing is. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     Did anyone reference republicans? - (beepster)
         its the teamsters, cement shoes and all -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             baseball bats, bullets, icepicks... - (beepster)
         You're doing a pretty good job in cranking it up. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             yeah, what would his dad say huh -NT - (boxley)
             sure I am - (beepster) - (4)
                 No it's not - (crazy) - (3)
                     That's crap and you know it - (beepster) - (2)
                         Hmm. - (crazy) - (1)
                             Continued - (beepster)

That was never five minutes!
193 ms