IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A C130
isn't a weapon...but then again, an F-16 isn't a weapon either. It's just a fast, single seat aircraft. (It's the guns, missiles and rockets that make it a weapon)

And you have to admit, the C130 can be used to drop BLU-82Bs.

If we wanted to sell a "big empty aircraft" - we could've sold him 757s from Boeing.
New continued BS
they are cargo aircraft.

The armed versions have an M in front...MC-130E, for example...and no mention was made on any armaments..only the plane

Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New The M form of the plane
has a kit.

Or... well, I guess nobody mentioned that.
New Used by military organizations.
They aren't Piper Cubs used for pleasure trips.

http://www.af.mil/in...ctsheet.asp?id=92

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Its not armaments
so they weren't secretly planning to "arm" him, as the article states.

Selling a cargo plane, even one that carries military gear...is not "arming" a leader.

that's the spin..and its not accurate.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Hmmm....
http://www.merriam-w...tionary/armaments

Definition of ARMAMENT
: a military or naval force

[...]

Origin of ARMAMENT
French armement, from Latin armamenta (plural) utensils, military or naval equipment, from armare
First Known Use: 1699

Try again?

Cheers,
Scott.
New forget it
not worth it. its spun. you know it. I know it. A C130 doesn't kill anyone...not the equivalence of a tank, gun, missile, bomb...etc...even though the author would like you to believe that from the title
New Why are you trying to defend him?
New Not the point
its a hit piece. Don't care who the names are.
New Then don't read Politico. Works for me. ;-)
New Well..
..You didn't link it..but seemed to support it

New I was arguing with you. Doesn't mean I like Politico.
New Ayup. That much I gathered.
New So then..
$$, free "containers for military equipment" and whatever ancillary material would accompany this US-->Q largesse ... doesn't matter;

If it doesn't have an M in front
It cannot be be a real affront
It's just a little present sent
To drop stuff on a luckless peasant

Love your simple Boolean mind and its Certainty in all aspects of complex situations.
It reminds me of what to eschew, when attempting genuine thought on any topic.
New I think what Beep is saying...
is that "enabling the movement of arms" or "improving the capability to move arms" is not the same as "arming."
New I suppose..
...that opening the back and dropping a pallet of food out the back would qualify the same as a bunker buster...assuming you were the one having it hit you in the head.
New That'd be dual use. ;0)
New So I guess Alaska Airlines is an airforce?
poor quality one but they do fly those as cargo planes
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Why would Qadaffi want them?
Hydrogen bombs could be used to create harbors in Alaska[*]. That's not what they're for, though....

Cheers,
Scott.
* - http://arcticcircle....t/vandegraft.html
New Actually those were L-100
But for some reason, we didn't offer those to Gadaffi.
New I think you're thinking of the AC-130
A as in Assault.
New Spooky.
Remember John Wayne's movie "The Green Berets"? It doesn't take much to turn a prop plane into a flying lead storm with a huge ammo supply.

I thought it was an AC-130, but it was an AC-47 that was "Puff the Magic Dragon" - http://en.wikipedia....wiki/AC-47_Spooky

Cheers,
Scott.
New No, the C-130 is fitted with . . .
. . a 105mm rapid fire canon.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Aug. 30, 2011, 10:50:42 PM EDT
     Leaked cable: John McCain pushed to arm Qadhafi - (lincoln) - (39)
         Call bs - (beepster) - (38)
             A C130 - (S1mon_Jester) - (22)
                 continued BS - (beepster) - (21)
                     The M form of the plane - (folkert)
                     Used by military organizations. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                         Its not armaments - (beepster) - (12)
                             Hmmm.... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                 forget it - (beepster) - (6)
                                     Why are you trying to defend him? -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                         Not the point - (beepster) - (4)
                                             Then don't read Politico. Works for me. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 Well.. - (beepster) - (2)
                                                     I was arguing with you. Doesn't mean I like Politico. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Ayup. That much I gathered. -NT - (beepster)
                             So then.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 I think what Beep is saying... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     I suppose.. - (beepster) - (1)
                                         That'd be dual use. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         So I guess Alaska Airlines is an airforce? - (boxley) - (2)
                             Why would Qadaffi want them? - (Another Scott)
                             Actually those were L-100 - (S1mon_Jester)
                     I think you're thinking of the AC-130 - (S1mon_Jester) - (2)
                         Spooky. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             No, the C-130 is fitted with . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Re: Call bs - (pwhysall) - (14)
                 It's used for many things. - (beepster) - (11)
                     Re: It's used for many things. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         I wouldn't. - (beepster)
                     Nothing I've seen prevents a C-130 - (S1mon_Jester) - (8)
                         except not having one to deliver. -NT - (beepster) - (7)
                             True - but you have repeated claimed it wasn't a bomber - (S1mon_Jester) - (6)
                                 Re: True - but you have repeated claimed it wasn't a bomber - (beepster) - (5)
                                     Yep, we never delivered them - (S1mon_Jester)
                                     Actually - we might have delivered them... - (S1mon_Jester) - (3)
                                         See the linkies in 50198. :-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Sorry...should've included the sign on that one. - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
                                                 Whoops! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 they are used to move food and freight to rural alaska - (boxley) - (1)
                     Why would Qadaffi need a STOL plane? - (Another Scott)

Yousa steala precious from meesa!
99 ms