..the morphing to Windoze of, the utterly-able and simple DOS Tornado Notes. Someone.. maybe even Arkadiy [??] replied eons ago to my comment about IS, that he had worked on (developing) it!

Whatever - your description sounds as if the 'associative' possibilities for ferreting out forgotten lines of thought, has been well implemented. What I miss about Tornado was - the few keystrokes to just.. write a phrase and: how easily it could be retrieved, massaged, incorporated.. later. I never really used the much more complex IS: too much grokking of subtle possibilities, customization yada yada. You can get so Good that, no one will start on the learning curve :(

Wiki sounds even better than IS for maybe [??] having a simplicity like Tornado.. and it need not be running 24/7 on one/several machines.. just: Go there from whichever machine - right? But for me: that would be about a personalized cache, while you are speaking of sharing among the many. Different, however useful. [Unless.. Both ?!]

Just another 'association',

Ashton