IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Largely, yes
Wiki is good for Collective Intelligence (or Stupidity) type tasks. There actually is a bit of discoursive nature about the whole thing as well.

I'd think that this group might be a good candidate for Wiki development as we're pretty well cohesed (to verb an adjective ;-), and have a fairly strong level of technical expertise. Not to mention we never shut up....

Feedback I'm getting from work is that the searchability of TWiki is something that's readily apparent, as well as the linking (both inentionally, which is pretty damned easy, and incidental, which is pretty damned slick) of content. I like the fact that, from wherever I am in the office, I can grab a browser and jot some quick notes in regard to a conversation, problem, solution, etc. There are also numerous plugins, and Wiki can be extended well beyond the basic "information repository" mode, though I've only just touched on what these opportunities are.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
[link|http://kmself.ix.netcom.com/|[link|http://kmself.ix.netcom.com/|http://kmself.ix.netcom.com/]]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Hmmm.. sounds like "Info Select"
..the morphing to Windoze of, the utterly-able and simple DOS Tornado Notes. Someone.. maybe even Arkadiy [??] replied eons ago to my comment about IS, that he had worked on (developing) it!

Whatever - your description sounds as if the 'associative' possibilities for ferreting out forgotten lines of thought, has been well implemented. What I miss about Tornado was - the few keystrokes to just.. write a phrase and: how easily it could be retrieved, massaged, incorporated.. later. I never really used the much more complex IS: too much grokking of subtle possibilities, customization yada yada. You can get so Good that, no one will start on the learning curve :(

Wiki sounds even better than IS for maybe [??] having a simplicity like Tornado.. and it need not be running 24/7 on one/several machines.. just: Go there from whichever machine - right? But for me: that would be about a personalized cache, while you are speaking of sharing among the many. Different, however useful. [Unless.. Both ?!]

Just another 'association',

Ashton
     TWiki - (kmself) - (27)
         I'll give it a mention. -NT - (admin)
         It looks rather groovy. What would we do with it? -NT - (Meerkat) - (7)
             One thought I've had increasingly... - (kmself) - (1)
                 Re: One thought I've had increasingly... - (pwhysall)
             Notes, not discussion. - (static) - (3)
                 Hmmm. Reminds me of The Bourbaki. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Largely, yes - (kmself) - (1)
                     Hmmm.. sounds like "Info Select" - (Ashton)
             Mission Statement - (ChrisR)
         Consider it done! - (jlalexander) - (16)
             Waal, long as you gots a link - (Ashton)
             You rock. Ping if config questions -NT - (kmself) - (14)
                 Re: You rock. Ping if config questions - (admin) - (13)
                     We're having "issues". :-) - (jlalexander) - (12)
                         Not sure why you got that, either. - (admin)
                         Mail: SMTPMAILHOST - (kmself) - (10)
                             Re: Mail: SMTPMAILHOST - (jlalexander) - (9)
                                 .htaccess - (kmself) - (8)
                                     Re: .htaccess - (jlalexander) - (7)
                                         Main page - (kmself)
                                         OK, some config issues - (kmself) - (5)
                                             Now how do you log in? - (drewk) - (4)
                                                 That would be the donut - (kmself) - (3)
                                                     Well then, once we get the jelly filling in there ... - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         Doesn't exist? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                             Yeah, I know, what I meant was ... - (drewk)
         Holy ... this ... and it ... oooooooh cool - (drewk)

Best thing since sliced SPAM!
70 ms