IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Answer for you
it depends on what they are deriving their profit from and which sector of the business you are talking about.

If its banking, and they are turning a profit..is that profit derived from loans to the businesses that are allowing them to expand? Allowing them to continue to pay workers through a down cycle? If yes, then the answer is "yes, this is a productive economy".

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New That doesn't sound like the last several years
--

Drew
New Its certainly more complicated
and there is a lot of equating "wall street" to banks...which can't be done anymore in a straight fashion...but it certainly is a core function of the entities themselves...and getting clarity around rules (and certainly about what constitutes a "security" and its creation re: derivatives from CDOs etc) is part of what I was speaking of before that needs to be reworked by the Fed to clean things up.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     Johnson and Kwak on Geithner's plan. - (Another Scott) - (28)
         Interesting, though. - (beepster) - (27)
             They only show a profit before writedowns. - (Another Scott)
             And? - (hnick) - (25)
                 The predictions of their demise - (beepster) - (24)
                     So what *is* the right solution? -NT - (drook) - (23)
                         If the Fed failed so miserably at a rescue... - (beepster) - (22)
                             So, one vote for the Japanese solution, then? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 yup - (boxley)
                             A: Change which rules? B: What about the current problem? - (drook) - (19)
                                 Re: A: Change which rules? B: What about the current problem - (beepster) - (18)
                                     Industry != business - (jake123) - (17)
                                         industry is making bricks, trade is - (boxley) - (5)
                                             Question for you - (drook) - (4)
                                                 no bricks for you :-) - (boxley)
                                                 Answer for you - (beepster) - (2)
                                                     That doesn't sound like the last several years -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                         Its certainly more complicated - (beepster)
                                         Ok...does the "business" add value? - (beepster) - (10)
                                             No. - (jake123) - (9)
                                                 Then we disagree - (beepster) - (8)
                                                     You're talking about banking - (jake123)
                                                     Let me try another angle - (drook) - (6)
                                                         most of them were NOT at the banks - (beepster) - (5)
                                                             Where did I say "bank"? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                                                 When you got sarcastic - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                     Okay, two things - (drook) - (2)
                                                                         Lets just assume - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                             Re that '99 Triumph of Lobbying-via intentional obfuscation - (Ashton)

This is a test of the Emergency LRPD System. This is only a test.
55 ms