1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That doesn't sound like the last several years
--

Drew
New Its certainly more complicated
and there is a lot of equating "wall street" to banks...which can't be done anymore in a straight fashion...but it certainly is a core function of the entities themselves...and getting clarity around rules (and certainly about what constitutes a "security" and its creation re: derivatives from CDOs etc) is part of what I was speaking of before that needs to be reworked by the Fed to clean things up.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     Johnson and Kwak on Geithner's plan. - (Another Scott) - (28)
         Interesting, though. - (beepster) - (27)
             They only show a profit before writedowns. - (Another Scott)
             And? - (hnick) - (25)
                 The predictions of their demise - (beepster) - (24)
                     So what *is* the right solution? -NT - (drook) - (23)
                         If the Fed failed so miserably at a rescue... - (beepster) - (22)
                             So, one vote for the Japanese solution, then? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 yup - (boxley)
                             A: Change which rules? B: What about the current problem? - (drook) - (19)
                                 Re: A: Change which rules? B: What about the current problem - (beepster) - (18)
                                     Industry != business - (jake123) - (17)
                                         industry is making bricks, trade is - (boxley) - (5)
                                             Question for you - (drook) - (4)
                                                 no bricks for you :-) - (boxley)
                                                 Answer for you - (beepster) - (2)
                                                     That doesn't sound like the last several years -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                         Its certainly more complicated - (beepster)
                                         Ok...does the "business" add value? - (beepster) - (10)
                                             No. - (jake123) - (9)
                                                 Then we disagree - (beepster) - (8)
                                                     You're talking about banking - (jake123)
                                                     Let me try another angle - (drook) - (6)
                                                         most of them were NOT at the banks - (beepster) - (5)
                                                             Where did I say "bank"? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                                                 When you got sarcastic - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                     Okay, two things - (drook) - (2)
                                                                         Lets just assume - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                             Re that '99 Triumph of Lobbying-via intentional obfuscation - (Ashton)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment.
80 ms