The idea that attempting to understand is excusing, for example. I have a pretty good grasp, I think, of what the terrorists were trying to accomplish. Pretty much the same as the KKK, really. I don't think my realizing that they are a bunch of bigots constitutes excusing their crimes.

The WTO remains a bad implimentation of a good idea, if you accept the PR. Frankly, it looks to me like an unwitting setup for a very large revolution that could pretty much take out the entire Western Civilization, but I have high hopes that petty squabbles between nations will keep it from getting to "let them eat cake - on the Internet!".

I didn't vote for Nader on his own terms. He was telling people not to vote for the lesser of two evils. I decided not to vote for the lesser of three.

I'm quite annoyed with the automatic Left. I'm watching the regime veer from the War on Terrorism to the War on All We Don't Like. And having blown their credibility asking "why" when the answers was still burning, there isn't going to be any valid critique going on. Kind of like when the Clinton-bashers were so busy sniffing the blue dress that he got away with all kinds of foreign policy and economic nonsense without anybody noticing. The dog was being wagged, but which was the tail?