IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: We live in a world filled with lies
Norman, sometimes I'm not sure if you're a sage - but the above is assuredly a truthful observation. 'Lies' R Us. Now: worldwide.

And as to "the need for a modern economy" - supposedly a mere rhetorical question? There's the pain & suffering of millions of Muricans - as they accept, cannot evade the yoke of 24/7 mercantile time ownership. They see their children left unattended during formative years -- see 'health' reduced to "your money or your life", while eating really shitty 'fast' food: having lost the capacity to afford the pleasure of "dining" (out OR at home). Note the irony of taking extra jobs so as to be able to buy lots of cute toys.. then have zero time to use these toys, or to live IN that $350K house - driving that $35K car which sits in the Co. parking lot most days. Stir well and bake.

And notice that other countries set quite different priorities = also TAX priorities - to achieve one hell of a lot more humane a safety net. Even recognize that children need attention and people Need vacations! Maybe we are the Individualist Welfare State - a suitably schizophrenic religion for the US (?) - capable of accomplishing *neither aim* with any class..

Still and all.. what we got here? is beside any point. You gotta try to erase that familiar tape that plays in your head ~ life is a bucket of shit. Probably if you could erase that - you'd begin to experience calmness, and without the Pharm-Chem product du jour. From that point you could carefully assess some different ideas about earning $. Daily despising of your ex- lawyer-scum is unrewarding -- there are too many for you to give them equal-time negativity: And that wasted energy COSTS you <<<

You cannot have considered all new possibilities, as change daily: they are infinite. You are just looking through that habitual tunnel = a constant state of living in emergency mode. It's a loop, dontcha know?

Jump Indirect to Self.

Find some way to stifle that mind chatter. If you cannot achieve some peaceful state next - you will stay in this death-loop. (There are people quite familiar with Murican daily mind chatter, who can help you see it for what it is. Go find one.)

Cheers,
A.
New Lies R Us
Am I a sage, or do I just see and tell the truth?

We are led to the slaughter, and I am punished for pointing it out to people. it is, as you said, they work us hard and take away a lot of our time so that we cannot spend it with our families or spend it using the stuff they are making us buy. That is why I don't have a $35K car or $350K house, I drive a beaten up 1987 economy compact car and have a house over 12 years old in a part of the county that hardly anyone else wants to live in.

Take it from Europe, they make it a law to give them employees four weeks vacation at a minimum. Most jobs in the US are lucky to get two weeks, and usually not two weeks at a time, but spread over different parts of the year in one or two days clumps. No sabbaticals to visit family for a month, a limited amount of sick days, and 7 minutes a day to go to the bathroom. Anymore than that, and we get in trouble for a bathroom break.

"Life is a bucket of shit" and someone supersized my order to that Giant Jumbo Bucket of shit that I didn't want. Can I change that tape that plays in my head? I've tried to do that for thrity years, but my mental illness keeps changing the tape back to the "life is a bucket of shit" one. My former employer made things so bad for me, that it may take me years to get back to where I was around 1997 before I was employed by them.

All I am doing is telling the truth about the way things are, and if I am being blacklisted for telling the truth about corp greed and unfairness, then it just shows what dark forces are at work in our economy, government, job market, and society.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New I have a simple solution...
having dealt with many people who have had mental illnesses. I say it's simple because it's simple to say... to internalize takes practice.

You only have to remember two things:
1. Yesterday is unimportant. Stay focused on today and tomorrow.

2. People do not make you angry. You allow yourself to become angry by what people do.

If you will do me a favor, commit these two sayings to memory and use them whenever you feel like shit.

To be completely honest, I have been following your posts for a few weeks and wanted to say something. I understand exactly how you feel about life and tend to agree - when I allow myself. What I have come to realize is that I cannot affect the "world", only my little slice of it and I try to act in a manner consistent with my beliefs. I am honest with everyone, I do not try make others look bad, I give to the less fortunate, I hug my son at least 10 times a day, etc... The other thing that I have come to realize is that life is very short, only so many years, months, weeks, days, minutes, seconds. It is a waste of precious time getting upset about things that I cannot control.

Change the tape. Do something constructive to help your ex-peers in the lawfirm if it will help your sense of justice. Do it in your spare time though, and don't let it consume the precious minutes you have remaining. Idle hands lead to idle minds, so keep yourself busy before starting your next career.

FWIW, I (like most everyone else on the planet) and my sanity are on a razor's edge. Deep down I constantly keep watch on the house of cards we call our economy, our safety, my children's future. But day to day I keep my eye on the road directly in front of me, you never know what could jump out in front of you.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
     A majority of the fault of Sept 11 lies on - (nking) - (44)
         Why, then, do they work for the greedy corps? - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             Re: Why, then, do they work for the greedy corps? - (dmarker2)
             But I don't see that happening. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                 They way it really is - (nking) - (1)
                     Remember our own industrial revolution. - (Brandioch)
         The truth shall set you free - (Ashton)
         What a crock - (gtall) - (19)
             We live in a world filled with lies - (nking) - (18)
                 Re: We live in a world filled with lies - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Lies R Us - (nking) - (1)
                         I have a simple solution... - (screamer)
                 Barter doesn't work - that's why we have money. - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                     Coupons! - (nking) - (13)
                         Yeah! Coupons! Hey, I've got this great idea! - (Ric Locke) - (11)
                             Not realy - (nking) - (10)
                                 So, I guess you're going to run right out . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                     Her Wryness the LRPD sez: "Escape from the prison planet." -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Cheaper than a cash register POS system - (nking) - (7)
                                         Holes you could drive a planet through. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                             Forget it then! - (nking) - (5)
                                                 Norm...you do realize... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                 dont forget to email me which bridge you and doc - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     I will do that - (nking)
                                                 Ya know. - (altmann) - (1)
                                                     It is not about that - (nking)
                         Norm - here's your idea in action - (SpiceWare)
         Growlf...your right...but your reasons are wrong. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             Correct.._____and correct. - (Ashton)
             Yeah, we robbed bin Laden blind. - (marlowe) - (1)
                 Didn't you argue... - (Simon_Jester)
         I kinda see your point.... - (Mike) - (9)
             Bravo!______..and, that's just the Short List_____ -NT - (Ashton)
             It is very simple to understand - (nking) - (7)
                 What's up with that? ____Why merely: - (Ashton) - (4)
                     One thing for sure - (nking) - (3)
                         Not Them.. Us!_____Still looking for a scapegoat? - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Just living costs money - (nking)
                             One of the reasons.... - (Mike)
                 Oh really. - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Not to mention... - (rsf)
         Interesting supposition...(good read) - (bepatient) - (3)
             Hmmm. I disagree on several points - (mhuber)
             Well written - (Ashton) - (1)
                 We did not deserve the WTC attacks - (nking)

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
71 ms