IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Stress . . .
(A catchall for the many stimuli which the emotional brain interprets as ~ Threat! Adrenaline! Fight/Flight and such.)

We've each/all abided near 7-years of rule by a lawless radical cabal; its fear-inducing propaganda has been a daily, bogus parody of their illogical rhetoric -- the sort which tortures language beyond all meaning. They are Selling the nostrum of: perpetual fear..
Successfully - in the feeble-minded.

The fallout - those factoids describing the hundreds of ugly events we all know about - is bound to have taken a toll, especially on those who are not very articulate about their own feelings.. nor particularly clueful about the mass psychology of all political speech / and the suggestibility of all mobs.

(Such jarring episodes cannot be described well, while one is still immersed in the cacophony of contradictions and ego-saving fabrications - much less can silly 'numbers' be assigned to the events.)

My guess: such exposure, so lengthy a period of unremitting daily lies . . . might well shorten the life span of the particularly susceptible (say, those who - like young Anne Frank - once believed that, "basically, people are Good" ??)

ie. It requires attainment of a certain level of comprehension of the depths of humanoid perversity (most evident within all those seeking the power to force others to believe Exactly as they do) -- ever to innoculate oneself from distress over the stupidities/suffering which unrestrained sociopaths create.

Maybe they die of the proverbial 'broken heart' ??
(And - the daily commute to some deadly-boring paper-shuffling desk job might well provide further incentive for exiting the play early?)

Look.. take the event in paper a few days back:
a lovely intelligent -promising!- 15 yo girl, shot in the back=dead during an unsuccessful attempt by three marauding teens: to rob a group of people enjoying selves in a park (!)
Or the next IED-exploded young life, snuffed as direct result of a Cheney supervised campaign of premeditated lies.. intended to mold a country to gratify his diseased ego re 'presidential powers'.

Should any of these horrors be less? more? distressing than the death of someone who happened to be a member of a randomly assembled (group in a church?) Where then does empathy for an individual end and general obsession begin? If these emotional states overlap, a one can wear black indefinitely. (You can make Yourself sick, too. Y'know?)

Try not-to, eh? Read some Shakespeare sonnets..
Get tickets to a ballet; quash all 'practical' head-chatter and Believe for the duration --> in Wonderfulness. Much cheaper and lots more fun than shrink-talk, I wot.

A.

PS - you don't have to be a 'baby boomer' [either!]; it's another made-up tag intended to homogenize a whole bunch of people into a sound bite. Must you obey every silly label invented by the bookkeeping mind? Read your own koans!

New Re: Stress . . .
Hmm, hadn't thought of this...

My guess: such exposure, so lengthy a period of unremitting daily lies . . . might well shorten the life span of the particularly susceptible (say, those who - like young Anne Frank - once believed that, "basically, people are Good" ??)

Maybe they die of the proverbial 'broken heart' ??

Maybe that could explain why some die faster than others. I mean, several of these people died of cancer, some young, some old. Remarkably though, some of the older ones fought harder, where some of the younger ones succumbed faster. I mean, I understand it's the nature of the cancer, placement, severity, etc. But it's hard to comprehend how two people with lung cancer had such drastically different lifespans... I mean, my cousin survived it for 3 years, and my parent's neighbor died within a month or so. Perhaps it was the will to fight in the face of all you described?

Should any of these horrors be less? more? distressing than the death of someone who happened to be a member of a randomly assembled (group in a church?) Where then does empathy for an individual end and general obsession begin? If these emotional states overlap, a one can wear black indefinitely. (You can make Yourself sick, too. Y'know?)

Yes, that I understand, making yourself sick. I have yet another visitation to attend this afternoon, and my stomach hurts just thinking about it. (sigh).

Try not-to, eh? Read some Shakespeare sonnets..

Get tickets to a ballet; quash all 'practical' head-chatter and Believe for the duration --> in Wonderfulness. Much cheaper and lots more fun than shrink-talk, I wot.

I'm willing to try, Ashton. I listen to my hockey, I do things I enjoy, I listen to music that soothes me...and I try to provide comfort and help to the ill and bereaved and their families.

Sometimes it feels worth it all. When my cousin Fred got lung cancer, I couldn't help much, I mean monetarily and all, like some of the other family members tried to do. But I sent him cards. I sent him a card every few weeks, encouraging him, praying for him, trying to make him smile or even laugh. And towards the end, before he died, he told me those cards were one of the most looked forward to things he focused on during his illness. They uplifted him, they comforted him, and his wife told me after he died, that he had kept them all near him and around him to cheer him when he needed it.

I sent cards to two of the people who just died, also, (albeit not as long, since neither survived more than a couple of months), and one of the first things the widow of one of them told me last night, was he loved the cards I sent.

So I guess I have some good role in all of this...I just sometimes find it hard to see that goodness in face of all the sorrow and grief.

Thanks Ashton. :)

Brenda

P.S. I plan to comment on your Baby Boomer part in another post. ;)

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Speaking of Baby Boomers...
PS - you don't have to be a 'baby boomer' [either!]; it's another made-up tag intended to homogenize a whole bunch of people into a sound bite. Must you obey every silly label invented by the bookkeeping mind? Read your own koans!

Actually, Ashton, I didn't even KNOW I was a Baby Boomer until recently. I was reading an article about the first Baby Boomer ever that was filing for Social Security. I read the date span of the Baby Boomers and found I was born near the tail end, in 1961. The years spanned to 1964. I can't remember the starting year.

I was so surprised to find I was one, to be honest. So I'm not obeying any label, I was trying to wrap my mind around being one of these, and trying to figure out what significance, if any, it had, other than having been born during wartime, was it? (My guess with me, would be the Vietnam war).

So I wouldn't know how to act like a Baby Boomer if I tried. ;) Hehe!

Brenda

EDIT: P.S. I meant to shift this into a new thread in Open Forum, but somehow it didn't work... hmmm. Did we change around the save as new topic function? I don't see it anymore.

EDIT: I actually found the new topic button, but it appears only to work when you first make the post. I goofed, when I sent and now it doesn't seem like I can change it to be a new thread. Ah well, sorry.

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 8, 2007, 02:51:00 PM EST
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 8, 2007, 02:53:49 PM EST
     Dropping like flies... - (Nightowl) - (9)
         Stress . . . - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: Stress . . . - (Nightowl)
             Speaking of Baby Boomers... - (Nightowl)
         Statistics - (imqwerky)
         heck, I read the obits every day from back home - (boxley) - (1)
             I had a similar scare... - (Nightowl)
         That can be depressing for sure. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Ah, the irony of your statement... - (Nightowl)
         Various things. - (static)

Fetch forth the Quivering Runcible of Jaundiced Blandishments!
91 ms