Another factor is how large your circle of family, friends, and acquaintances is. The bigger the circle the more deaths. A hermit doesn't see any deaths. If it troubles you, decrease that circle. Disengage from some folks of the "old church", for example.

Oh if that were easy. ;) Actually, the "old church" is still all around me. The preacher who married John and I, stays in regular touch with us, and actually is driving in today and taking my parents to the funeral for the former "old church" member.

The family I loved best at the "old church" has informed me they are moving around the corner from us in November... talk about weird. And we've been in touch also ever since the "old church" closed. John and I even assisted at her daughter's wedding this summer.

But the irony of it all, is that I believe I will be leaving my current church at the end of the year. Even though things have improved some there, they haven't improved to my doctor's satisfaction where my health is stable. And the church I'm thinking of attending when/if I leave this one?

The church where the remaning "old church" members now attend. ;)

Thanks for the support and advice though, Alex. I reduced my Christmas Card list considerably this year, maybe that's a good start, ya think?

Brenda