IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New See also Stephenson, In The Beginning Was The Command Line..
New Actually, I like command lines
....if they are well-designed.

It is generally easier to type in a substring ("contains") and get a short list of numbered matches than to browse thru a huge picklist of titles. My fingers are faster than my eyes, it seems.

However, I have never seen such implemented like I envision it. Some systems "fill in" from the right side, but that is not good enough. It *must* be a "contains" to work effectively (for me).

I believe I understand why you have a problem - (ben_tilly) - (21)
                 Re: I believe I understand why you have a problem - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Well, my philosophy says... - (ben_tilly)
                 ADT's and Coddlets - (tablizer) - (18)
                     Coddlets? - (Arkadiy) - (10)
                         From the context: Applets + Codd = "Coddlets". - (CRConrad) - (9)
                             And "little snippets of data structures" make no sence to me -NT - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                                 Me neither - but don't blame me; it's *his* concept! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 Virtual Structures - (tablizer) - (6)
                                     I understand all words - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                                         how about this then - (tablizer) - (4)
                                             Odd. Not a single mention of "coddlet" anywhere. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                                 "A formula for a pattern or structure" -NT - (tablizer) - (2)
                                                     Still odd. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                         Jay, where is your "Roles" link? -NT - (tablizer)
                     I think you would prefer what Code Complete has to say - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                         You must think in *Russian*! Think in *RUSSIAN*! - (admin) - (2)
                             Firefox, Clint Eastwood and the semi-telepathic MiG. - (CRConrad)
                             Second, was FireFox. (book was better than movie) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                         Abstraction level is relative and graph-like IMO - (tablizer) - (2)
                             Nested abstractions do work in business - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 "Layers" is not appropriate for the most part - (tablizer)
             That's not the kind of post I 'd like to get... - (Arkadiy) - (65)
                 Why the Tree focus? - (tablizer) - (64)
                     No tree focus. - (Arkadiy) - (63)
                         Have you thot of tables? - (tablizer) - (62)
                             Not relevant. - (Arkadiy) - (61)
                                 what is wrong with them? - (tablizer) - (60)
                                     Bryce, please pay attention. - (static) - (3)
                                         seperation of concerns - (tablizer) - (2)
                                             Duh! - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                 Perhaps p/r is moving above that -NT - (tablizer)
                                     Bryce, Static is right. - (Arkadiy) - (55)
                                         what is the goal? - (tablizer) - (54)
                                             The goal is to further the discussion. - (Arkadiy) - (53)
                                                 that depends - (tablizer) - (52)
                                                     OK, getting somewhere. - (Arkadiy) - (51)
                                                         Now THAT is the crux.... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                             only one fact here - (tablizer)
                                                         I disagree - (tablizer) - (48)
                                                             May be. - (Arkadiy) - (47)
                                                                 the calculation complexity may not even matter here - (tablizer) - (46)
                                                                     It does not matter indeed. - (Arkadiy) - (45)
                                                                         Regional Scope to the Rescue - (tablizer) - (44)
                                                                             Regional Scope - ok. - (Arkadiy) - (43)
                                                                                 I think so - (tablizer) - (42)
                                                                                     It was really C, not C++ - (Arkadiy) - (41)
                                                                                         Welcome to Table Land - (tablizer) - (40)
                                                                                             So, each clone's data is a row? - (Arkadiy) - (39)
                                                                                                 Multiple Entity Association Candidates - (tablizer) - (38)
                                                                                                     Re: Multiple Entity Association Candidates - (Arkadiy) - (37)
                                                                                                         Genericness - (tablizer) - (36)
                                                                                                             Expressing problem domain - (Arkadiy) - (35)
                                                                                                                 Misunderstanding - (tablizer) - (28)
                                                                                                                     Actual numbers don't matter much. - (Arkadiy) - (18)
                                                                                                                         Spoken Language? - (tablizer) - (17)
                                                                                                                             Re: Spoken Language? - (Arkadiy) - (16)
                                                                                                                                 Hmmmm. Verbal thinkers versus visual thinkers - (tablizer) - (10)
                                                                                                                                     Seems like end of conversation, then. - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                                                                                                                         See also Stephenson, In The Beginning Was The Command Line.. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Actually, I like command lines - (tablizer)
                                                                                                                                         Noted. - (static)
                                                                                                                                         Can our differences really be all that simple? - (tablizer) - (2)
                                                                                                                                             Simple? - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Compared to others, yes. - (tablizer)
                                                                                                                                     On visual thinking. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         mooooo - (tablizer) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             I've heard her speak.. - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                 Sp: "Swahili". Kwaheri, Jambo! - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     I've had enuf of your irrelevent, speghetti insolts :-) -NT - (tablizer) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         Hey Bryce, I was just over on /. and revisited an old... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Okay, you are off the hook - (tablizer)
                                                                                                                                 Re: Spoken Language? - (pwhysall)
                                                                                                                     Nothing else is possible with you. - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                                                                                                         Did you notice... - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                                                                                                             What're you talking about?!? I called a mind (yours) "good"! -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                                                                                                 Thank you. - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                                                                                                                     More like the other way around... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                                                                                         Right you are. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Actually, you are right too... - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                         not think like me == bad mind ? - (tablizer)
                                                                                                                         Walk Before Run - (tablizer)
                                                                                                                 A classic real world example: Brooklyn Union Gas - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                                                                                                     One case proves nothing - (tablizer) - (4)
                                                                                                                         Re: One case proves nothing - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                                                                                                             ad-hoc - (tablizer) - (2)
                                                                                                                                 Re: ad-hoc - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                                                                                     English Oriented Programming - (tablizer)
         How I think in Non-OO terms - (nking)

It is a silly place.
131 ms