IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't get me wrong
I think that the way de Icaza wants to go is not the right way. He's been a bit of a Microsoft fanboy ever since he got hired there onto the IE/Solaris team.

The right way forward is to identify what cool stuff you'd do with Mono, then put that functionality into Bonobo.

However, the ECMA status of C# and portions of the framework does mean that as long as the Mono project stays true to the ECMA spec, MS can't Crush Them With Patents.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New But they need hold only one . .
. . important piece away from ECMA to make an ECMA standard .NET implementation worthless. Further, that piece can be added later. This is a card game where Microsoft, and Microsoft alone, can add additional aces whenever they please.

Inability to access Microsoft .NET services and servers makes any alternative .NET implementation useless, because those interested in using .NET will have already bought into Microsoft's game. Anybody unwilling to accept Microsoft control will be using Java.

Microsoft will win any .NET game. It is reasonable to have .NET compatible development under way with the understanding it is likely sacrificial, but it makes no sense for it to be a key component of the Linux structure, and even less sense to be evangalizing it as Icaza is.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     GNOME to be based on .NET? - (pwhysall) - (27)
         He does have the power to hose GNOME - (ben_tilly) - (16)
             Agreed - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                 You forget one thing - (pwhysall) - (14)
                     Incomplete ECMA - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Don't get me wrong - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             But they need hold only one . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Don't be so confident - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                         Well, here's a guy on Linux Today . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                             Sounds reasonable to me - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 What if he simply sees technical merit? - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                     The "techie trap" is always . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     I don't care - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         and I'll still rather skeptical of its technical merits -NT - (tonytib)
                         My thoughts. - (static) - (3)
                             Lose control? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Your list missed an important item - (ben_tilly)
                                 Yeah - I changed my mind. - (static)
         Explain yourself Miguel, demands RMS - (bluke)
         But that is not a bad thing, it is a good thing! - (nking) - (8)
             *sigh* - (ben_tilly)
             It is a very bad thing - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 My opinion of Miguel is continuing downwards - (tonytib)
                 Take heart - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     That is heartening. - (static) - (2)
                         Miguel may just need to stir the pot occasionally. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Is that stirring the pot, or whacking the nest? - (wharris2)
             GNOME on OS/2. - (Another Scott)

Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent life are pointed AWAY from Earth?
55 ms