IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Union Shop, maybe?
But I agree with you on this, broom.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Now I'm totally confused... (normal occurance it seems)
Let's put some numbers to the scenerio:

1. I'm working as an independent contractor and am being paid $100/hr. I pay my own medical and taxes. Company wants to hire me as an employee with full benefits. What should I expect to be paid.

2. I'm working as a subcontractor, and am being paid $100/hr. I am paying my own medical and taxes. I find out that the company that hold the contract is pimping me out for $200/hr. Company (one that I'm working at) wants to hire me as a full time employee with full benefits. (Assume that if I know my billing rate that the company would know my paid rate.) What should I expect to be paid?

3. Combination of the two above. Only change is that the company I am subcontracting thru wants be to become a full time employee.

Should I be expecting $100/hr + benefits or a lesser amount (how much) + benefits?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New a contractor isnt an employee
its situational, what does an employee in you neck of the woods eith your skills make? An HR person spends a lot of time determining that. A division boss who wants to hire a contractor to do a temporary task does not. Apples and Oranges.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Lets start from the top again
Opening statement was "I'm contracting and expecting an offer to come onboard fulltime. What should I expect as an offer?".

Then we seemed to wander all over, so I listed three scenerios. Based on the scenerio, what should someone expect?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
     Negotiating tips? - (dbishop) - (17)
         If you're going to be receiving full benefits - (jbrabeck)
         Supposedly you should ignore the percentages. - (Another Scott)
         What should you look for or what should you try for? - (broomberg) - (2)
             This is the advice I would go for. - (folkert)
             That's what I was looking for - (dbishop)
         One more thing. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I just don't want to know *less* -NT - (dbishop)
         ignore the bill rate - (boxley) - (9)
             That would be a nice floor - (jbrabeck)
             Combo...^^^has an important point - (bepatient) - (7)
                 Crappy reasons - (broomberg) - (6)
                     Union Shop, maybe? - (folkert) - (3)
                         Now I'm totally confused... (normal occurance it seems) - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                             a contractor isnt an employee - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Lets start from the top again - (jbrabeck)
                     No. Should have been clearer - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Agreed now that you put it that way - (broomberg)

... and then the Earth cooled.
92 ms