IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mixing things up there Ash
in what appears to be another lame effort to type "themarketwillcorrect" in another response to me.

Number transfer could be their issue, could be a Qwest issue.

The 30 day free trial is just that. Without the number transfer, there would have been plenty of time to trial for the 30 days. As to it being "carefully crafted"...you are again assuming conspiricy where none exists. Imric, for instance, would have had NO ISSUE cancelling service within the first 30 days because he didn't require them to tranfer a number. The decision to tranfer the number has nothing to do with the Vonage service and everything to do with a personal choice that was made by the subscriber.

Vonage didn't make the hardware...but their failure to support their bundling decision is something I did fault them for. But is it >their fault< that it broke. In your delusional universe, is the "evul MBAIEIO" sitting in his office with magic "router killer" button...just waiting to steal the poor man's money by making his hardware go up in smoke? Inquiring minds want to know!

And this "high crime and mis-de-MEAN-er" is certainly making VONAGE [link|http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20060801/1941248.shtml|a ton of money] isn't it?

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Re: Mixing things up there Ash
Thanks for the Vonage scoop + the interesting replies, there.

Of course they didn't remote-kill the box.. Jeez.
Not even the "issue" of exactly how their special-model's warranty costs should be apportioned twixt them / mfg. of an early-failed product: the Issue is the truculent, nasty twitting -- "see, if you hadn't quit, we'd have helped you get it fixed - nya nyaaa ___." That says a Lot about a Company Culture, doncha think?

Now as to whether the number assignment is a Big deal - I have no data on the frequency of that request; nevertheless, isn't the point of all this transistrized-foofaraw: to SIMPLIFY? to obviate a need to change one's number every few months re everyone in the addy list.

Lastly as to the $$ - yeah well, pick your poison. We know what happens with monopolies in Regulate-Nothing-Ever Repo hands. May Vonage prosper long enough to eat up some of the balderdash which accompanies all comm Lying ads. Service + a low bill talks; the rest is TLA-BS.

(Though I wouldn't want my sole phone line to need a computer + sub-boxes 24/7, whatever the method. Yes, telcos use computers too.. but redundantly.)

Vonage could fire the juveniles on their public staff.. if they want to persist.

Vonage is a Rip-Off - (tuberculosis) - (13)
         couple of notes to the unwary - (boxley) - (1)
             I can forgive that - (tuberculosis)
         Also, I am very haapy with comcast digital voice - (boxley)
         Too bad it didn't work for you. - (imric) - (9)
             Aside from the number transfer fiasco - (bepatient)
             Try to cancel - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 Perhaps the AOL fiascoes - (imric)
                 4 clicks in their website once logged in. - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Sounds to me like a M$ 'warranty' - impossible to redeem - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Mixing things up there Ash - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Re: Mixing things up there Ash - (Ashton)
                     I'm not blaming them on number transfer - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Without disclaimer for number transfer - (bepatient)

Freud would have wanted it this way.
192 ms