IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Care to give me a definition of...
"regular armed forces?"

That's the 1 category that you feel matches. The rest obviously do not. A recognized authority also wonders if these folks fit so neatly into any of these categories.

The reality is that they don't fit neatly into any of the catogories. Forcing them into the "regular armed forces" definition is a stretch...but convenient for those who are currently wringing hands at the fact that we have moved these people from harms way (per the Geneva Convention), have the Red Cross observing their conditions (per the Geneva Convention) and are most likely going to report the names of these people to the convening auhtority once it has been created (per the Geneva Convention).

NOWHERE does the convention state that Brandioch is required to be informed. NOWHERE does it say that the New York Times has a right to these names.

In addition...while we're spending so much time saying they must be protected by the Geneva Convention...would you mind terribly showing me where its been violated to date with respect to these detainees EVEN IF THE CLASSIFICATION OF POW APPLIES?
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New You have managed to go beyond stupid.
"NOWHERE does the convention state that Brandioch is required to be informed. NOWHERE does it say that the New York Times has a right to these names. "

Congratulations, you've just stated something that I've never claimed.

You've stated it emphatically.

The names should be released to the UN (and InterPol would make sense to sort out terrorists).

Why would I want the names released to me?

What purpose would releasing them to the New York Times serve for their country or their families?

Or do you suppose that The New York Times is a common paper in Afghanistan?

Bill, I'm revising my opinion of you from "limited mental capabilities" to "functionally illiterate and happy that way".

New Wrong...go to the lower post to see just how wrong.

New There's one thing to be said about the functionally illitera
illiterate. They're consistent.

Bill, for years you have amazed me with your inability to provide references. Instead you always tell me to go look somewhere.

Many millions of people have, by now, realized the ability of this medium to provide "links" to supporting materials.

Yet you remain elite. You refuse to stoop so low as to provide easy reference for your claims.

How many web pages are there out there? Written by how many millions of people?

Yet that simple function continues to elude Bill Patient.

I know of children of no more than 8 years of age who can manage such tasks.

Yet Bill Patient cannot match their capabilities.
New Sorry for underestimating your intelligence.
Lower post...meaning the one at the bottom...must have been to much for you.

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=25515|Here's a link you can click on...]

That should be easy enough for you.

New You've achieve the level of an 8 year old.
Congratulations. You must be so proud of yourself.

Now we can resume this discussion at the point you've referenced.
New Wow...
...I gave him a link....now he can follow the thread...good Brandi...come get your treat.

{pat pat}

Thats a good boy.

New Awwww, isn't that cute?
It's trying to think.
     OpEd: Human rights and those guys at Gitmo - (marlowe) - (99)
         looks like a life sentence minimum - (boxley)
         Parallels with witch hunts. - (Brandioch) - (63)
             Yeah, let's at least release their names! - (marlowe) - (61)
                 What is it with you people and names? - (Brandioch) - (59)
                     If you sincerely have a problem with this... - (marlowe) - (58)
                         Oh, I don't know. Maybe ask them? - (Brandioch) - (57)
                             Wow. You are beyond parody. - (marlowe) - (56)
                                 For the intellectually challenged. - (Brandioch) - (55)
                                     Meanwhile, on this planet... - (marlowe) - (54)
                                         Okay. - (Brandioch) - (53)
                                             Good gawd you're stupid. - (marlowe) - (3)
                                                 yer both ijits - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Who's got the names, now? - (marlowe)
                                                 What was that? - (Brandioch)
                                             Methinks you've got another "rights" problem. - (bepatient) - (48)
                                                 Depends on the law, doesn't it? - (Another Scott) - (45)
                                                     Its ok for... - (bepatient) - (44)
                                                         Which is the issue. - (Brandioch) - (43)
                                                             Also___ we used to have another saying Pre-Ashcroft - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                 Sly LRPD: IWETHEY's Terrible Horde of Eponymic Yammerers. - (Ashton)
                                                             Issues - (bepatient) - (40)
                                                                 By way of comparision. - (Brandioch) - (38)
                                                                     Try a little research - (drewk) - (37)
                                                                         Thank you, Drew. - (Brandioch) - (36)
                                                                             US Law suffices - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                 Allow me to post the text of that. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                     what part of OR do you have trouble with :) - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                         No problem. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                 Aaaaargh, me hearties! - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                                                     Yes they did and were treated as POW's -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             [Sigh] - (drewk) - (29)
                                                                                 Not completely true. - (Brandioch) - (28)
                                                                                     Ahh, they're POWs - (drewk) - (25)
                                                                                         *sigh* - (Brandioch) - (24)
                                                                                             Read your own post - (drewk) - (23)
                                                                                                 Weasel words don't suit you Drew. - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                                                                     But that's the exact problem - (drewk) - (17)
                                                                                                         NO! - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                                             Fair enough - (drewk) - (15)
                                                                                                                 I said it, but I didn't mean it. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                                                                                                     Seems that the folks at Oxford - (bepatient) - (13)
                                                                                                                         If I may. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                                                                                             And to clarify 'cause I know you're going to try to be dumb. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                                                                                                 Good...skip all the parts that make it muddy... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                                                                     Re: Good...skip all the parts that make it muddy... - (TTC)
                                                                                                                                     What was that about binary? - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                                                                                         Care to give me a definition of... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                                                                                             You have managed to go beyond stupid. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                 Wrong...go to the lower post to see just how wrong. -NT - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                     There's one thing to be said about the functionally illitera - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                         Sorry for underestimating your intelligence. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                             You've achieve the level of an 8 year old. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                 Wow... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                     Awwww, isn't that cute? - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                     It seems that how all this started... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                         You are flat wrong - (Silverlock)
                                                                                                         Even this much may be overly generous. - (marlowe)
                                                                                                 Re: Read your own post - (TTC)
                                                                                     Find the terrorists and segregate them? - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                                                         Tonight on NYPD Marlowe. - (Brandioch)
                                                                 Hey BeeP - please FIX your width box.. it proliferates -- -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 Hmm...not that I disagree.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                     I know of this practice... - (bepatient)
                 Even *with names*: American experience with HUAC, SISS and - (Ashton)
             Let us first define and agree on what these folks are - (boxley)
         Al-Qaeda and Taliban are the same? - (warmachine) - (3)
             Agreed -NT - (boxley)
             Well, if we're going to pick nits... - (marlowe) - (1)
                 More like pointing out blinkeredness - (warmachine)
         So freakin' simple - (mhuber) - (29)
             Amen. -NT - (Ashton)
             As I pointed out to our other distinguished panelist.. - (bepatient) - (27)
                 The delay is to avoid any legal process - (mhuber)
                 I can take that challenge. - (Brandioch) - (25)
                     Thanks for the cite - (drewk) - (24)
                         The names go to the UN and InterPol. - (Brandioch) - (23)
                             Okay, but again *when* do they have to be released - (drewk) - (22)
                                 Qouting from what I've just quoted. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                     "its bureau" - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Illiterate, functionally. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                             Ah...so the Geneva Convention... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                 And if we send it by sailing ship, we can wait even longer. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                                     So we haven't even given it to ourselves? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                         Step #1. We collect the data and give it to our bureau. - (Brandioch)
                                                     Nice try... - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                         Again, read the original article. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                             Well then... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                 Simple. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                     Fine... - (bepatient)
                                                                 I'm confused: is that the Jesuit or the Economist ploy - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                     Keep up, k? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                         I suppose that we will be finding out how many 'allies' - (Ashton)
                                                             Oh, I thought we were talking about actual policy - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                 Ummm, where did I lose you? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                     So that's what happened - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         Hmmmm, I read the article and I didn't get the same from it. - (Brandioch)
                                     Let X = X. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                         Length ~ 1.6x10^-35 meters. Time ~ 10^-43 seconds. HTH. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             rofl -NT - (bepatient)

And by "malware" he means his browsing history.
103 ms