IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No. AFAIK, they're originally Irish
Of course so are the Scots. Which is why they hate the Irish so much.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New *SIGH*. If you absolutely *have* to brag with your trivia...
...knowledge, then please try to at least make it something that we don't all know already. The point is, *by now* the bagpipes, like the Scots themselves, are considerably more Scottish than Irish in the eyes of... Well, apparently everybody except you.

If you want to contribute to the discussion, then try to figure out where the fuck JayBee dredged up the Paddies' grub from in the first place. Can he really not have noticed that they -- Scots, pipes, and all -- left Hibernia for Caledonia back around when they were still both called that?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
     Bagpipes! In our lobby! - (jb4) - (46)
         Don't look under the Kilt. -NT - (folkert)
         Yes, but it wasn't until the 20th century . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             WMD: Weapons of Mass Dyspepsia -NT - (jb4)
         Bagpipes should NOT be played indoors - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             They come in all sizes I guess - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 They do - (ben_tilly)
             I took a math test once in college - (admin)
             s/enemy/cat/ -NT - (pwhysall)
         Makes ya want to eat a steaming plate of haggis :-D -NT - (imqwerky) - (37)
             It does? - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Why is that? -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Illegal because the sound the sheep makes when lungs... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                         Rarely do I actually LOL ... but that one got me -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                             ObAOL. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Haggis is Scottish. Corned beef & cabbage is Irish -NT - (jb4) - (31)
                 Corned beef and cabbage is as Irish . . . - (Silverlock)
                 Yes, haggis is Scottish...Are you saying bagpipes are *not*? -NT - (CRConrad) - (12)
                     They were "imported" - (jb4) - (9)
                         What I meant was, WTF does your reply to Amy mean? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                             He probably had Ireland on his brain because of... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                 yea, people at work said I wasnt wearing green - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Revealing your green teeth? - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                         use the same dentist as Muqtada al Sadr -NT - (boxley)
                                 Duh! Sorry JayBee, sorry Ben. :-(How *stupid* of me!)-: - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                     Must have been something about 3/17. - (Another Scott)
                                     too much blood in the alchohol stream -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         I concur! -NT - (jb4)
                     No. AFAIK, they're originally Irish - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         *SIGH*. If you absolutely *have* to brag with your trivia... - (CRConrad)
                 Okay, potatoes and soda bread then. - (imqwerky) - (16)
                     Don't let the pitnickers get you down. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (14)
                         All in good fun. - (imqwerky) - (13)
                             All in? Good. Fun! - (drewk) - (12)
                                 You need to get yourself another hobby :-) -NT - (bionerd) - (11)
                                     s/another/a/ -NT - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                         You know I dont have a clue what you people are saying - (bionerd) - (9)
                                             s/x/y/ - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 That code isn't pseudo - (drewk) - (2)
                                                     In csh/edlin/vi/bash or some other line interpreter, no? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Yup -NT - (drewk)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
                                             Think it originated in SED (Shell Editor) - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                                 sed (lower case please) is the Stream EDitor. - (pwhysall)
                                                 Stream EDitor - (Steve Lowe)
                                                 admin is one crazy cat. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     There is NOTHING funny about haggis... - (jb4)

Oh, freddled gruntbuggly! Thy micturations are unto me!
59 ms