IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The women is a flamer
No but you can ignore anything I say about diets because I am not a nutrition expert, even if what I say turns out to be true, you actually better listen a nutrition expert first, and even if what I say makes sense, because you never really know ... I wouldn't risk my health like that.

You should probably also ignore anything I about USA, if all I did was flaming, and not giving facts or showing a sense of reason

You can also ignore all I say, if I speak so loud, that it's hard to listen, even if I was speaking the best wisdom ever.

In other words, you are allowed to criticize and even be emotional about it, but in the end you have to have a nice balance of (1) credibility and reputation (2) give me content, fact (3) try to be nice it will help me listen

I didn't only critize her ways, I also gave valid arguments against few of her quotes. So no, I disagree with Scott, I didnt rip her of her right to critize.

She is a flamer, she played on your emotions and you fell for it.
New Re: The women is a flamer
It's quite simple. In terms of engaging in realistic debate on the world stage, the adherents of fundamentalist Islam have no credibility whatsoever.

The reasons for this are manifold, but a large part of it comes down to being unwilling to engage with the cultures where Muslims live on their terms. Take, for example, the recent Danish cartoons furore: Muslims the world over were quite literally demanding the death of the cartoonists. To a liberal, secular, modernist chap like me, that is worse - much worse - than the original cartoons. It's primitive, it's immature and it's intolerant. (Tolerance is underrated. It's what lets us live together without killing each other.)

It seems that every time someone tries to state the case for Islam being a tolerant, merciful, peaceful religion, there's someone on al-Jazeera wearing a ski-mask, stood in front of a banner that says "Allah Akhbar" or similar, about to cut off someone's head with a bread knife.

I know there are moderate Muslims out there. But because they're moderate, their voice isn't heard.

Islam, as it is currently practiced, is a violent, intolerant religion that is easily subverted for political ends.

[Anecdote: recently, there was a story here in the UK about a growing demand for Sharia law to be allowed in various parts of the north of England. My response is quite simple: "if you don't like the law of the land, go find a land whose law you DO like". I suspect that the kinds of places that have Sharia law in place also don't have an NHS, safe streets, a generous welfare system, working public transport and cable TV, which is why the people in (say) Bradford who are clamouring for Sharia won't simply bugger off to a place that has it, like northern Nigeria.]

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
     Dr. Wafa Sultan stands up for reason on Al Jazerra - (Another Scott) - (12)
         Courageous lady! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             And the fundie right-wing whackjobs as well - (jb4)
         Round 2 - (systems) - (8)
             You're shooting the messenger. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Oh, and speaking of "God's Will" (new thread) - (Another Scott)
             Be careful. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 The women is a flamer - (systems) - (1)
                     Re: The women is a flamer - (pwhysall)
             Personally I dont think Islam itself is the problem - (boxley) - (1)
                 The problem with Islam (and Judaism) - (Arkadiy)
             And Islam is still searching for the concept of a paragraph. - (ChrisR)
         Los Angles Times article - (Andrew Grygus)

It was a good party...
55 ms