IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: So Muslims that want to destroy Israel are sinners?
I was reluctant to reply, for many reasons, reading and interpreting the Koran should be taken with care, you don't want to claim that God said something that God didn't

Also your comment have a bad ... I dont know how to explain, a bad feeling probaly. You know islam been around for almost 1400 years, and it was studies rigourously and have a huge literature and you can find thousands of books writen to explain islam, so when u read a verse and think of an obviously wrong or bad meaning of it, consider giving islam and muslims the benefit of doubt, probably one scholar along the years felt the same way, and found an answer or asserted your doubt. So similar to what ppl say to ppl who ask naiive programming questions, did you read the manual, did you search the web.

I know you probably dont have time for this, but since you dont, please dont just assume and answer, or assume you got it right

I am not a muslims scholar, and i dont claim to be one, i am representing myself as a guy from the other side, and ... thats all

Anyway, I dont think its always a sin to attack israelies, they dont have special protection

There are justifiable attacks (self defense) and unjustifiable attacks (aggression)

Being israeli won't give you special protection, being israeli according to this verse, probably means they have greater responsibilities and less excuses, but then to give a full and complete interpretation i need to research aaaand I dont have time for this now

Whether israelies are aggressors or not, is a different debate ...
Expand Edited by systems Feb. 28, 2006, 03:59:48 AM EST
New Nice dodge...gambit rejected
Systems, this is a 'did you or did you not have sex with that woman' moment...and you flunked.
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Thanks for responding. I well knew it would be difficult...
for you.

Old synagogues in Cairo and Baghdad tell me that Jews have had some protection from persecution in the Muslim world.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New That's because Jews don't proselytize.
As long as they accept they are "lower" than the Muslims, at least publicly, and don't proselytize, they are tolerated.
New And everyone should follow their example! :)
The "lower than" part is of course not right.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
     Iran perhaps more dangerous than Soviet Union - (tablizer) - (40)
         Economics - (systems) - (36)
             Deving into Religion.... - (Simon_Jester)
             It all makes sense now - (broomberg)
             Scripts - (admin)
             Piling on...(a little bit, anyway) - (jb4) - (3)
                 Immodest dress is an issue for many Christian religions -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     There is only one Christian religion. - (CRConrad)
                     Immodest dress is an issue for many Christian **sects**... - (jb4)
             Re: Economics - (JayMehaffey)
             Re: Economics - (GBert)
             Re: Economics -- few more points - (systems) - (26)
                 okay...recommend this thread move to religion -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                 Re: Economics -- few more points - (JayMehaffey)
                 I am reminded... - (ben_tilly)
                 I don't doubt your faith, but it's not for me. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                 So Islam rejects polytheist religions (e.g. Hinduism) - (jb4) - (21)
                     Nah. The Muslims and Hindus get along swell in Kashmir. - (ChrisR)
                     The 'remedy' is simple: convert or die. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                         Of course. The hallmark of all enlightened people is... - (jb4) - (12)
                             jb4 - (systems) - (11)
                                 Must be an Islamic thing... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                     Nah, I do it also. -NT - (broomberg)
                                 You make it all sound so simple. (new thread) - (broomberg)
                                 How do you read Quran 5:10? (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                 So Muslims that want to destroy Israel are sinners? - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                     Re: So Muslims that want to destroy Israel are sinners? - (systems) - (4)
                                         Nice dodge...gambit rejected - (jb4)
                                         Thanks for responding. I well knew it would be difficult... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                             That's because Jews don't proselytize. - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                 And everyone should follow their example! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                 When something "rings hollow" - (jb4)
                         The irony is it's not supposed to be that way. - (admin) - (5)
                             I guess somebody 'lost' that script.... - (jb4)
                             But we were talking polytheists here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Yep, my bad. -NT - (admin)
                             Define "tolerant" - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 By the standards of the day, that was generous -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Re: Iran perhaps more dangerous than Soviet Union - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Machiavelli would be proud -NT - (drewk)
         Iran may be a bigger threat to nuke somebody - (JayMehaffey)

Lather, rinse, repeat.
77 ms