IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The irony is it's not supposed to be that way.
Way back when, they were quite tolerant of Christians and Jews because that's what the Quran told them to do.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I guess somebody 'lost' that script....
How convenient!
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New But we were talking polytheists here . . .
. . I haven't heard they ever had any admonitions against killing those folks.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Yep, my bad.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Define "tolerant"
Meaning, they allowed them to live as long as they didn't says anything that could be considered a contradiction of Islam?
New By the standards of the day, that was generous
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Iran perhaps more dangerous than Soviet Union - (tablizer) - (40)
         Economics - (systems) - (36)
             Deving into Religion.... - (Simon_Jester)
             It all makes sense now - (broomberg)
             Scripts - (admin)
             Piling on...(a little bit, anyway) - (jb4) - (3)
                 Immodest dress is an issue for many Christian religions -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     There is only one Christian religion. - (CRConrad)
                     Immodest dress is an issue for many Christian **sects**... - (jb4)
             Re: Economics - (JayMehaffey)
             Re: Economics - (GBert)
             Re: Economics -- few more points - (systems) - (26)
                 okay...recommend this thread move to religion -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                 Re: Economics -- few more points - (JayMehaffey)
                 I am reminded... - (ben_tilly)
                 I don't doubt your faith, but it's not for me. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                 So Islam rejects polytheist religions (e.g. Hinduism) - (jb4) - (21)
                     Nah. The Muslims and Hindus get along swell in Kashmir. - (ChrisR)
                     The 'remedy' is simple: convert or die. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                         Of course. The hallmark of all enlightened people is... - (jb4) - (12)
                             jb4 - (systems) - (11)
                                 Must be an Islamic thing... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                     Nah, I do it also. -NT - (broomberg)
                                 You make it all sound so simple. (new thread) - (broomberg)
                                 How do you read Quran 5:10? (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                 So Muslims that want to destroy Israel are sinners? - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                     Re: So Muslims that want to destroy Israel are sinners? - (systems) - (4)
                                         Nice dodge...gambit rejected - (jb4)
                                         Thanks for responding. I well knew it would be difficult... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                             That's because Jews don't proselytize. - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                 And everyone should follow their example! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                 When something "rings hollow" - (jb4)
                         The irony is it's not supposed to be that way. - (admin) - (5)
                             I guess somebody 'lost' that script.... - (jb4)
                             But we were talking polytheists here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Yep, my bad. -NT - (admin)
                             Define "tolerant" - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 By the standards of the day, that was generous -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Re: Iran perhaps more dangerous than Soviet Union - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Machiavelli would be proud -NT - (drewk)
         Iran may be a bigger threat to nuke somebody - (JayMehaffey)

Let's make a rendezvous.
66 ms