I will not say yes or no ... I want to ask ben, how much do you know about islam's history, how much do you know about Muhamed, how did he start, do you think he started with a war, he wasn't hercules, you know, it could never be like Muhamed the strong, raised his sword and started to beat ppl so that they believe in his words, sure he used reason and common sense, dont you think so.

Who do you think first opposed islam, the arabs themselves right ... they fought him, tortured his first followers, took their money ...

Muhammad's taking of Mecca was primarily a military conquest. The question of this being a justified war or not is more complex, but Muhammad does not come across very well in this regards even in the Koran.

Its not like if the arabs conspired around Muhamed and used islam to conquer, ..."oooh, new religion, cooool, lets use it" why would they do that anyway, doesn't make sense, they fought it at first,

Actually that would have been a common response among the tribal population of Arabia. Many of the tribal groups became muslim because they believed that doing so would increase their chance of military success. They where also quick to abandon it when it didn't seem to be working.

How did christinaity spread, I dont know, was christianity ever spread by the sword, at least in happened in spain, and this is authentic, history books , suggest torture and no so descent ways were used to either kill, convert, or kick out the muslims

I can make not so founded assumptions, i havent read the christian history, but i can assume that maybe christianity was spread by the sword, during the christian crusade, maybe torture was used, but no one spoke of it, heh torture is used today, by USA in iraw, torture was used by the french in algeria.

Christianity was spread by the sword on many occasions, but not as much as Islam. The conversion of the Roman empire and the conversion of the barbarian tribes of Europe at the start of the dark ages where largly non-military. Both religions often latched onto military conquests that where happening for political reasons and used them as a tool of expansion.

Maybe in the countries, that muslims conquered islam was spread because it was in vogue, .... i dont know, but do u really think, ppl literaly raised a sword and threaten ppl, be muslim or i will kill u, and which books in history support ur claim, because u know when u used the word sword, this is what u imply

There is a good article on this here [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_other_religions|Islam and other religions]. In short, while the Koran does have some tolerance towards Chritisan and Jewish believers historically it did not extend that to followers of other religions. And historically the treatment of Christaians and Jews has varied widely, in some periods they where treated fairly well and in other very badly.

Like any other religion that has existed for a long period of time the behavior and beliefs of Muslims vary widely. And believers blame the behavior they don't like on people not following the correct beliefs.

Jay