IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doing both in June
Montreal: June 1 - 4
Kingston: June 4 (afternoon lunch)

My girlfriend and I are taking the train out to Montreal and very likely renting a car to drive back to Toronto hence the stop in Kingston for lunch. We'll be doing the beer festival on the 1st in the afternoon with any spillover into Friday afternoon. There's a whole whack of various places we want to go including the St. Elisabeth pub which will be near our accomondations. When leaving I want to make a stop at Le Goblet outside of Montreal. We'll be hauling back a whole whack of beer we can't get at the LCBO.

So after that long-winded spiel, yeah a meetup for a pint would be cool wherever is convenient.
lister
New That'll probably be in Kingston
For certain reasons, I won't be going back to Montreal until 1 July (I'm sure you know why;). It'd be fun to get together for one.

My email address is in my .sig; drop me a line and I'll shoot you my number so you can give me a shout when you get into town.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     Peter's pub experiences will change - (ben_tilly) - (150)
         Works for me - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Toronto has had it for a couple of years - (lister) - (5)
                 Come to Kingston - (jake123) - (4)
                     Been there, far drive - (lister) - (3)
                         Well, let me know the next time you're coming through - (jake123) - (2)
                             Doing both in June - (lister) - (1)
                                 That'll probably be in Kingston - (jake123)
         Hurrah! Anything to reduce the evil weed. -NT - (warmachine)
         Next sins, in order: alcohol, seduction, evangelizing . . . -NT - (Ashton) - (140)
             Hey, I'm fine with people SMOKING tobacco... - (inthane-chan) - (139)
                 Supply & Demand. - (imric) - (137)
                     That doesn't work. - (admin) - (113)
                         Same damned thing. - (imric) - (112)
                             Two things are working against that. - (admin) - (62)
                                 For the record, yes - (drewk) - (50)
                                     Re: For the record, yes - (admin) - (49)
                                         Nanny state - (drewk) - (47)
                                             Basic public health and safety isn't nannying. - (admin) - (38)
                                                 I'm reminded of an old saying - (drewk) - (37)
                                                     Actually in Helena... - (admin) - (31)
                                                         60% of all heart attacks are due to 2nd hand smoke? - (boxley)
                                                         Wait, I missed something - (drewk) - (18)
                                                             Dunno, why don't they? - (admin) - (17)
                                                                 So they *do* exist - (drewk) - (16)
                                                                     Re: So they *do* exist - (admin) - (15)
                                                                         Why not? - (drewk) - (14)
                                                                             Many times it easier to breathe - (jbrabeck) - (12)
                                                                                 So *you* would rather breathe smoke than hear whining - (drewk) - (11)
                                                                                     Hell no - (jbrabeck) - (10)
                                                                                         And you'd create a drug war to make our existing one... - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                                                             I didn't say make it illegal.... - (jbrabeck) - (8)
                                                                                                 It's already cheaper to smuggle... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                                                                     now? I can mail order 4 cartons a month from Israel -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                         Now. - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                                                             Canada's taxes are higher than US taxes - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                                                                 do people around you go to Indian Smokeshops? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Not that I know of. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                                                 Not true when it comes to smokes - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Good to know. My impression was out of date. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                             The restaurant was always busy before the ban. - (admin)
                                                         funny I dont even see a listing for that here - (boxley) - (9)
                                                             ... - (admin) - (8)
                                                                 doesnt mention second hand anything - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                     Oh, right, because smoke magically only affects the smoker. - (admin) - (6)
                                                                         That's new to me - (drewk) - (5)
                                                                             Re: That's new to me - (admin) - (4)
                                                                                 Not at all the same - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                     Uh, no. - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                         I'm the sophist? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                             Re: I'm the sophist? - (admin)
                                                         Ah.. It's-Good-for-You -- is Enough: OK, suppose we PROVED - (Ashton)
                                                     I don't get cancer if you eat a Big Mac - (lister) - (4)
                                                         Right back at you. - (imric)
                                                         You do pay for his decrease in health - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             <smack location=back_of_head /> -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                 Hey - (bepatient)
                                             On fire codes and such... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                 Insurance - (drewk) - (6)
                                                     Comes under the category of "reasonable" - (admin) - (4)
                                                         You just jumped the shark - (drewk) - (3)
                                                             WTF? - (admin) - (2)
                                                                 Do you support random roadblocks? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     No. - (admin)
                                                     That's too simplistic. - (Another Scott)
                                         Beat me to it...Drook, what he said! -NT - (jb4)
                                 I was poor, true. Desparate times DO require desparate - (imric) - (10)
                                     Finally, a reasonable counter-suggestion - (admin) - (9)
                                         How about peanuts? - (drewk) - (8)
                                             Thats why you get pretzels on planes now. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 I thought it was because the pretzels are cheaper. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                                             Already have "stink" restrictions in many places. - (jbrabeck)
                                             They don't allow peanuts in the schools here. - (admin) - (4)
                                                 Not playing games, making a point - (drewk) - (3)
                                                     Re: Not playing games, making a point - (admin) - (2)
                                                         Those offended by the cartoons would say that's what matters - (drewk) - (1)
                                                             Shrug. It's all in your viewpoint. - (admin)
                             Capitalism is imperfect - (ben_tilly) - (48)
                                 Capitalism and libertarianism are orthogonal - (drewk) - (47)
                                     I wasn't saying what was right - (ben_tilly) - (46)
                                         Not my point - (drewk) - (1)
                                             And completely orthogonal to mine - (ben_tilly)
                                         I am a moderate as a Libertarian - (imric) - (43)
                                             I'm not arguing for or against this change - (ben_tilly) - (42)
                                                 "That can be a losing economic idea" - (imric) - (39)
                                                     All society is groups forcing their choices on others - (pwhysall) - (33)
                                                         :-) ObMythbusters aside. - (Another Scott)
                                                         Thats why yer missus will be wearing a burka in 20 years -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Not the same - (drewk) - (21)
                                                             Re: Not the same - (pwhysall) - (20)
                                                                 So go find a place that doesn't allow smoking. - (imric) - (16)
                                                                     Overly simplistic answer - (jbrabeck) - (15)
                                                                         If it doesn't go both ways, the 'reasoning' is faulty. - (imric) - (14)
                                                                             I don't know why Georgia is different than NYC. - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                                                                 Me neither. - (imric) - (12)
                                                                                     I have a strong suspicion that I know the answer - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                                                         *shrug* They choose their customer base. - (imric) - (10)
                                                                                             Do you have any idea how ironic this is? - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                                                                 Not at all - well, sort of. - (imric) - (8)
                                                                                                     The network effect WAS there. - (admin) - (5)
                                                                                                         So - - (imric) - (4)
                                                                                                             Refuse to see it all you want. - (admin) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Of course that's the ONLY explanation, right? - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                                                     Conservatism and risk are part of it. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                                                         *shrug* -NT - (imric)
                                                                                                     I'm not interested in arguing this to the ground - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                                         *smile* Sounds good. Me too. -NT - (imric)
                                                                 Try again - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                     Yes, but it SHOULD be legal! - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                         One thing at a time - (drewk)
                                                         Still avoiding it, huh. - (imric) - (8)
                                                             You have a place. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 Cr@p. - (imric)
                                                             I'll play, briefly. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                 And of course no employees smoke - (imric) - (4)
                                                                     Heath and safety rules are inconvenient. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                         You don't mind if smokers do it in their own homes - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             Smoking is an interesting case re: the health issues - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                 Men of straw. - (imric)
                                                     Your ifs are wrong. - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                         Your facts are wrong - (imric) - (3)
                                                             Your example does not refute the assertion - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                 Never said that minors should be exposed. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                     It sounds like a reasonable compromise to me as well -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                 <reagan>There you go again</reagan> - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     It is not just Libertarians who say that - (ben_tilly)
                     It is about health - (lister) - (22)
                         what kind of point is that? - (boxley) - (1)
                             It was an example - (lister)
                         No, its not. - (bepatient) - (6)
                             I don't disagree on truly private clubs. - (admin) - (4)
                                 Works for after-hours clubs - (drewk) - (1)
                                     It's a loophole if... - (admin)
                                 That loophole can be closed - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     I don't disagree with any of that. - (admin)
                             Please elaborate. - (Another Scott)
                         Idiotic. I'd leave. I wouldn't pass a law against BO. - (imric) - (12)
                             You missed the point. - (admin) - (11)
                                 If that were true - (imric) - (10)
                                     You're absolutely right, I don't HAVE to go to a bar. - (admin) - (9)
                                         Did you people get any work done today? -NT - (broomberg) - (4)
                                             Nope -NT - (drewk)
                                             I type quickly. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                 Interesting way to avoid answering the question... -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                             Yup -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                         why cant you drink draft beer and play pool in yer home? - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Don't have a keg fridge - (admin) - (2)
                                                 internet, check basement check duct tape check don t need a - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     I don't drink that much beer. :-) -NT - (admin)
                 Yes, but I think Seattle went a little far - (tuberculosis)
         It may change soon in Virginia too. - (Another Scott)

Sitting member of the standing committee. Right.
256 ms