IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Try again
Smoking in my house is legal.

Pissing on someone in my house is legal.

Killing someone with a hammer in my house is not legal.

I'll leave it to you to work out why your answer was bollocks.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Yes, but it SHOULD be legal!
If I want to kill someone with a hammer, and that person wants to be killed with a hammer, the "illegality" of that act is impinging on my (and their) rights, right?

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New One thing at a time
First, let's go back to the fact that your example of something that is illegal in a club is also illegal in your home, and so doesn't say a damn thing about the smoking issue.

Then we can branch this to discuss legalizing assisted suicide, which I support.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
     Peter's pub experiences will change - (ben_tilly) - (150)
         Works for me - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Toronto has had it for a couple of years - (lister) - (5)
                 Come to Kingston - (jake123) - (4)
                     Been there, far drive - (lister) - (3)
                         Well, let me know the next time you're coming through - (jake123) - (2)
                             Doing both in June - (lister) - (1)
                                 That'll probably be in Kingston - (jake123)
         Hurrah! Anything to reduce the evil weed. -NT - (warmachine)
         Next sins, in order: alcohol, seduction, evangelizing . . . -NT - (Ashton) - (140)
             Hey, I'm fine with people SMOKING tobacco... - (inthane-chan) - (139)
                 Supply & Demand. - (imric) - (137)
                     That doesn't work. - (admin) - (113)
                         Same damned thing. - (imric) - (112)
                             Two things are working against that. - (admin) - (62)
                                 For the record, yes - (drewk) - (50)
                                     Re: For the record, yes - (admin) - (49)
                                         Nanny state - (drewk) - (47)
                                             Basic public health and safety isn't nannying. - (admin) - (38)
                                                 I'm reminded of an old saying - (drewk) - (37)
                                                     Actually in Helena... - (admin) - (31)
                                                         60% of all heart attacks are due to 2nd hand smoke? - (boxley)
                                                         Wait, I missed something - (drewk) - (18)
                                                             Dunno, why don't they? - (admin) - (17)
                                                                 So they *do* exist - (drewk) - (16)
                                                                     Re: So they *do* exist - (admin) - (15)
                                                                         Why not? - (drewk) - (14)
                                                                             Many times it easier to breathe - (jbrabeck) - (12)
                                                                                 So *you* would rather breathe smoke than hear whining - (drewk) - (11)
                                                                                     Hell no - (jbrabeck) - (10)
                                                                                         And you'd create a drug war to make our existing one... - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                                                             I didn't say make it illegal.... - (jbrabeck) - (8)
                                                                                                 It's already cheaper to smuggle... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                                                                     now? I can mail order 4 cartons a month from Israel -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                         Now. - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                                                             Canada's taxes are higher than US taxes - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                                                                 do people around you go to Indian Smokeshops? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Not that I know of. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                                                 Not true when it comes to smokes - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Good to know. My impression was out of date. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                             The restaurant was always busy before the ban. - (admin)
                                                         funny I dont even see a listing for that here - (boxley) - (9)
                                                             ... - (admin) - (8)
                                                                 doesnt mention second hand anything - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                     Oh, right, because smoke magically only affects the smoker. - (admin) - (6)
                                                                         That's new to me - (drewk) - (5)
                                                                             Re: That's new to me - (admin) - (4)
                                                                                 Not at all the same - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                     Uh, no. - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                         I'm the sophist? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                             Re: I'm the sophist? - (admin)
                                                         Ah.. It's-Good-for-You -- is Enough: OK, suppose we PROVED - (Ashton)
                                                     I don't get cancer if you eat a Big Mac - (lister) - (4)
                                                         Right back at you. - (imric)
                                                         You do pay for his decrease in health - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             <smack location=back_of_head /> -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                 Hey - (bepatient)
                                             On fire codes and such... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                 Insurance - (drewk) - (6)
                                                     Comes under the category of "reasonable" - (admin) - (4)
                                                         You just jumped the shark - (drewk) - (3)
                                                             WTF? - (admin) - (2)
                                                                 Do you support random roadblocks? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     No. - (admin)
                                                     That's too simplistic. - (Another Scott)
                                         Beat me to it...Drook, what he said! -NT - (jb4)
                                 I was poor, true. Desparate times DO require desparate - (imric) - (10)
                                     Finally, a reasonable counter-suggestion - (admin) - (9)
                                         How about peanuts? - (drewk) - (8)
                                             Thats why you get pretzels on planes now. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 I thought it was because the pretzels are cheaper. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                                             Already have "stink" restrictions in many places. - (jbrabeck)
                                             They don't allow peanuts in the schools here. - (admin) - (4)
                                                 Not playing games, making a point - (drewk) - (3)
                                                     Re: Not playing games, making a point - (admin) - (2)
                                                         Those offended by the cartoons would say that's what matters - (drewk) - (1)
                                                             Shrug. It's all in your viewpoint. - (admin)
                             Capitalism is imperfect - (ben_tilly) - (48)
                                 Capitalism and libertarianism are orthogonal - (drewk) - (47)
                                     I wasn't saying what was right - (ben_tilly) - (46)
                                         Not my point - (drewk) - (1)
                                             And completely orthogonal to mine - (ben_tilly)
                                         I am a moderate as a Libertarian - (imric) - (43)
                                             I'm not arguing for or against this change - (ben_tilly) - (42)
                                                 "That can be a losing economic idea" - (imric) - (39)
                                                     All society is groups forcing their choices on others - (pwhysall) - (33)
                                                         :-) ObMythbusters aside. - (Another Scott)
                                                         Thats why yer missus will be wearing a burka in 20 years -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Not the same - (drewk) - (21)
                                                             Re: Not the same - (pwhysall) - (20)
                                                                 So go find a place that doesn't allow smoking. - (imric) - (16)
                                                                     Overly simplistic answer - (jbrabeck) - (15)
                                                                         If it doesn't go both ways, the 'reasoning' is faulty. - (imric) - (14)
                                                                             I don't know why Georgia is different than NYC. - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                                                                 Me neither. - (imric) - (12)
                                                                                     I have a strong suspicion that I know the answer - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                                                         *shrug* They choose their customer base. - (imric) - (10)
                                                                                             Do you have any idea how ironic this is? - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                                                                 Not at all - well, sort of. - (imric) - (8)
                                                                                                     The network effect WAS there. - (admin) - (5)
                                                                                                         So - - (imric) - (4)
                                                                                                             Refuse to see it all you want. - (admin) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Of course that's the ONLY explanation, right? - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                                                     Conservatism and risk are part of it. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                                                         *shrug* -NT - (imric)
                                                                                                     I'm not interested in arguing this to the ground - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                                         *smile* Sounds good. Me too. -NT - (imric)
                                                                 Try again - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                     Yes, but it SHOULD be legal! - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                         One thing at a time - (drewk)
                                                         Still avoiding it, huh. - (imric) - (8)
                                                             You have a place. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 Cr@p. - (imric)
                                                             I'll play, briefly. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                 And of course no employees smoke - (imric) - (4)
                                                                     Heath and safety rules are inconvenient. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                         You don't mind if smokers do it in their own homes - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             Smoking is an interesting case re: the health issues - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                 Men of straw. - (imric)
                                                     Your ifs are wrong. - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                         Your facts are wrong - (imric) - (3)
                                                             Your example does not refute the assertion - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                 Never said that minors should be exposed. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                     It sounds like a reasonable compromise to me as well -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                 <reagan>There you go again</reagan> - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     It is not just Libertarians who say that - (ben_tilly)
                     It is about health - (lister) - (22)
                         what kind of point is that? - (boxley) - (1)
                             It was an example - (lister)
                         No, its not. - (bepatient) - (6)
                             I don't disagree on truly private clubs. - (admin) - (4)
                                 Works for after-hours clubs - (drewk) - (1)
                                     It's a loophole if... - (admin)
                                 That loophole can be closed - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     I don't disagree with any of that. - (admin)
                             Please elaborate. - (Another Scott)
                         Idiotic. I'd leave. I wouldn't pass a law against BO. - (imric) - (12)
                             You missed the point. - (admin) - (11)
                                 If that were true - (imric) - (10)
                                     You're absolutely right, I don't HAVE to go to a bar. - (admin) - (9)
                                         Did you people get any work done today? -NT - (broomberg) - (4)
                                             Nope -NT - (drewk)
                                             I type quickly. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                 Interesting way to avoid answering the question... -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                             Yup -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                         why cant you drink draft beer and play pool in yer home? - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Don't have a keg fridge - (admin) - (2)
                                                 internet, check basement check duct tape check don t need a - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     I don't drink that much beer. :-) -NT - (admin)
                 Yes, but I think Seattle went a little far - (tuberculosis)
         It may change soon in Virginia too. - (Another Scott)

Who?
180 ms