IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A whole `nuther story from another source
[link|http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/plane_tampa020108.html|Lies! Lies! All lies!]

Excerpt:

Officials began looking for terrorist links because of what they described as a suicide note found near Bishop, who died when the Cessna he took from National Aviation flight school slammed into the Bank of America Plaza tower on Saturday, expressing support for bin Laden.

"He told me he wanted to join the U.S. Air Force because he wanted to do something good for his country. He was a good boy," East Lake journalism teacher Gabriela Terry said. "The picture that is being portrayed of him is not the person that we knew and loved."

At the Dunedin Academy, the private school where Bishop went to eighth grade, teachers and administrators said the boy coordinated the production of a literary magazine, volunteered to serve as flag bearer for morning assemblies and sang patriotic songs such as "My Country 'Tis of Thee" louder than anyone else.

The boy's mother, Julie Bishop, and his grandmother, Karen Johnson, issued a statement saying they were "appalled and devastated over the incident," and that "Charles and his family have always fully supported our United States war on terrorism and Osama bin Laden."

I say:

Obviously one side or the other is lying. I don't know which, and I wouldn't put it past either side. But if he wasn't a bin Laden loony, why did he do it?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Could it be some sort of a diabolical set up?
New Could it be some sort of a diabolical set up?
New Interview with suicide psychologist
Heard on the Ken Hamblin show (no, I don't have any links yet):

A psychologist specializing in teen suicides considered the Osama binLaden note to be a red herring, an attention-getter, not a "real" note.

Two classes of suicidal teens: those who are abandoned and lacking of normal social contact, and those who have a sudden irrational rage that leads them to commit suicide to "punish" their parents or other previously loved ones.

This guy's parents have vanished down a foxhole somewhere; we can't tell if this was an indulged but ignored guy.

Likewise, we can't yet say if he might have been jilted by a girlfriend.

But either possibility does fit the pattern as described by this psychologist.

Meanwhile there's a cry for "more safety more safety" which will undoubtedly get general aviation snared in more rules and regulations that wouldn't have prevented this incident anyway.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     Teen suicide pilot was bin Laden worshipper - (marlowe) - (19)
         Re: Baby Boomers lack of parenting haunts west - (dmarker2) - (8)
             Smart and directed discipline - (wharris2) - (7)
                 Re: Your line makes sense - (dmarker2) - (4)
                     That which can never be 'legislated': discrimination ____:( -NT - (Ashton)
                     But the first implies the second. - (marlowe) - (2)
                         Re: Probably Right. - from my own experience ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
                             Nature / nurture - (Ashton)
                 Depends on the kid. - (admin) - (1)
                     Re: Also depends on the Cultural environment. - (dmarker2)
         A tad close for comfort - (boxley)
         A whole `nuther story from another source - (marlowe) - (3)
             Could it be some sort of a diabolical set up? -NT - (Arkadiy)
             Could it be some sort of a diabolical set up? -NT - (Arkadiy)
             Interview with suicide psychologist - (wharris2)
         LATEST Update - (boxley) - (3)
             Skeptical about side effects - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Forget 'causality'.. post-mortem (and lots of other places) - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Probable cause, Officer! - (wharris2)
         Suicide runs in the family? - (marlowe)

It would have been much more tolerable if they used wires and an action figure.
81 ms